Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I'm late, but every time you all have one of these discussions about retractable roofs, and cold weather games being lame, you make me sad. The unpredictability of it all is one of those amazing things about baseball. At least to me. Fighting the elements adds a nice little twist of drama, especially in those games where you're trying to beat the clock to get to a complete game or not before the rain really picks up.

Sure, until the infield is a slip and slide with actually formed pools and the umpires refuse to go into a delay.

I know I'm late, but every time you all have one of these discussions about retractable roofs, and cold weather games being lame, you make me sad. The unpredictability of it all is one of those amazing things about baseball. At least to me. Fighting the elements adds a nice little twist of drama, especially in those games where you're trying to beat the clock to get to a complete game or not before the rain really picks up.

Baseball is not a sport meant to be played in the rain or the cold weather. Now, the NFL is a different story. The elements definitely add to the drama of a football game. Especially a night playoff game in late January in New England. I'm sure their fans absolutely love those winter night games. :wink: But, no worries. In 30 years, the BoSox will finally ditch Fenway Park and build a brand new stadium with a retractable roof. You can only "refurbish" a stadium so many times before you're better off starting from scratch. :wink:

If there isn’t a “Cohen & BuckS ” parody account there should be.
#LFGM

Brewers/Mets NCLS and Headache and I will not speak to each other the whole series. :D

Have I mentioned that Edwin Diaz is somehow really good again? Cause Edwin Diaz is somehow really good again.

Ok, I'm gonna Jinx shit big time. I know its early, but Subway Series. Both the Yankees and the Mets seem to have what it takes to make it all the way to the World Series. But, what I post on a U2 fan message board should have no bearing on their respective seasons. It's like a broadcaster saying there's a No Hitter in the 6th inning. :wink:

i absolutely noticed that the mets lost their first series of the season - to the mariners - immediately after i posted that.

As much as it sucks to lose a series, the spin on that is that they should make sure that never happens again this season. They might need to get a little pissed about that. I think Buck is the right guy to manage this team. He's built World Series teams, but never enjoyed the fruits of his labor.

Meanwhile, in the Bronx, the Yanks have a pretty good rotation. Usually that's the weakness of the Yanks. Should be a fun season for both teams..., barring injury, of course. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom