Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
with time to calm down - yes, he hurt himself celebrating. yes, it's a freak thing. yes, he can hurt himself anytime.

my point before this happened is the same - if you have to have pitchers on a strict pitch count out of fear of injury? that should tell you something.

having this event before the season, before guys are ramped up and ready to play competitive games, is stupid.

the idea of having a world cup type event every four years is not stupid. the timing of it is stupid.

Didn’t the Mets had World Series win celebration drills in spring training one of these years? How is that different?

There’s never an ideal time for these things because leagues are not all synced. Everybody complains that the (soccer) World Cup happens at the end of the season when players are tired. And then when it happens mid season everyone complains that players didn’t have a chance to fully stretch out. (Not to mention that for countries in South America, the calendar is always different than in Europe).

It clearly means something to the players that they can defend their countries. Otherwise Diaz wouldn’t have hurt himself jumping up and down in a celebration.

Do players in other sports get hurt in these ridiculous manner at a similar rate? Feels baseball is very exceptional.

Last edited:
I'm watching WBC finals right now and I barely pay attention to games during regular season. So it's doing something!

Suck shit USA [emoji4] you're not the best in the world!

The difference being baseball is an extremely minor sport here and we don't call our playoffs the 'World Series' despite it being based in one league in one country :)

Weeoo-weeoo, LN7 here to ruin the fun climate

You were born and raised to behave this way. You probably don’t see it, you think it’s being fun or playful. I’d challenge that this is the non-gendered equivalent of male toxicity and you just don’t see it. It’s like the sassy drag queen humor, where people are supposed to clap if you have a good diss. And a recipient is no fun if they don’t accept it!

I literally just had two of my friends over from England and they behave just like you. Incessant. Every single thing is a god damn comment or act is some competition. I couldn’t turn the car air conditioning on without criticism. I implore you to consider the other side of this - you’re absolutely obsessed with divisive behaviors.

Last edited:
most of the time these days i'm very much over living in toronto and want to leave asap.

but i see anthony bass come in to the game for the jays, and the home crowd begins to boo him relentlessly and keeps it up for every single pitch he's on the mound while the CN tower lights shine top to bottom in pride colours, and i remember why deep down i love this city.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom