Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scott rolen is in the baseball hall of fame, and barry bonds isn't.

at this point, the HoF is a complete fucking joke.

it isn't even worth acknowledging anymore.

carlos betran also didn't get in - yet did get more votes than any of the steroid era guys got on their first ballot - which means that perhaps there's a scale of cheating for many of these voters.

What a career.

As an analyst...able to describe the game in a very detailed way without drowning out a kid or the average fan. Blunt and critical at times. If you heard his voice on the national broadcast you wouldn't want to change the channel.

What a career.

As an analyst...able to describe the game in a very detailed way without drowning out a kid or the average fan. Blunt and critical at times. If you heard his voice on the national broadcast you wouldn't want to change the channel.

Thank you for saying that. McCarver was a polarizing broadcaster. You either loved him or couldn't stand him. I enjoyed what he brought to the broadcast. Especially in the mid 80's when he called Mets games on WOR TV.

If they found a way to get the Cardinals in there, it would be complete.

the target audience for the WBC isn't american old guys.

True dat, but the players' health always remains a concern for me. They're paid handsomely to perform for their respective teams and an injury could jeopardize the season.

If the WBC attracts new fans, though, I'm all for that.

anything that limits how long a pitcher can pitch is dumb.

they should do it after the world series instead... or take time off to do in during the season, like hockey did with the Olympics.

that's my issue with the whole thing.

After the season would be the best option. Any time before Thanksgiving.

Stupid question alert!!!!

Do these guys get paid for the WBC or is it volunteer?

for what it's worth, every canadian baseball fan i know is currently glued to this game vs mexico.

i actually don't mind the WBC being held during spring training. it prevents team USA from sending a dream team and dominating the competition every time. which in turn makes it much more interesting to fans from all the other countries.

Back
Top Bottom