Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in june my team was way under .500, had just fired their manager, and had less than 20% probability to even make it into the postseason -- then they won the motherfucking NL pennant.

and people are still somehow expecting me to be mad that the phillies lost in the world series. lol

The Rangers will be sweatin' that contract for 5 years. They gotta pamper the shit outta Jake. Plus, the Astros own Texas. The pressure's really on for the Rangers and their big contracts.

Bonds and Clemens still can't get in the Hall. :huh:

Crime Dog gets in. Good for him.

Love Mattingly and Murph, but not enough great seasons to get in the Hall.

Bonds and Clemens not being in the Hall of Fame is a joke and the place is irrelevant until they are.

Yes, sadly, that is the case. Bonds owns 2 of baseball's major records, and he's not in your Hall? I wonder if Judge went to SF, if he could break Barry's 73. :wink:

On a side note, the Yankees organization will be devastated if Judge doesn't sign with them. They've pretty much promised him the captaincy if he re-signs in NY. He is easily the face of their franchise. It will be a huge loss. Plain and simple: Aaron Judge puts asses in seats and eyeballs on screens. Giancarlo Stanton does not. If Judge signs with SF, I'll be disappointed, but I'll have no problem understanding his decision. The Yankees created this whole mess by not extending him.

The Yankees got their man. They could have easily paid him much less before the season started if they extended him. But they didn't and then had the balls to throw a press conference about how their "generous" offer was rejected. The organization looked like a bunch of assholes. To Judge's credit, he bet on himself and won.

Yeah, man! They've got a boatload of mega deals. I'm always happy when a superstar leaves the AL East. Those Western Divisions are gonna be crazier than ever.

Man, salaries are crazy when Nimmo is a $20 mil a year guy (for 8 years at that).

i mean yes - salaries are absolutely crazy. and yes - uncle stevie just has more money than everybody else (for now, at least - we'll see what happens with the Angels) - so he can take the risk.

but Nimmo had the fourth highest WAR on the Mets roster last year, trailing only McNeil, Lindor and Scherzer - and was top 40 in MLB - higher than Trea Turner, who got 30 million per year from Philly.

his offensive WAR was 18th in MLB - ahead of guys like Correa, Devers, Turner, Swanson, Alonso, etc - and just behind Bogarts & Realmuto.

his OPS has been above .800 4 of the last 5 years and is improving each year.

it's crazy, but provided he keeps up this kind of production? it's fair value, and could be undervalued by late in the contract at the rate these deals are going.

for 8 years? eh - you can make an argument that he's had a few injury bugs, so 8 years is a bit much to lock him in until he's 37.

but if they have to dump him at some point - in 5 years, is 20 million per really going to be THAT bad of a contract when you consider what some of these other guys are getting?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom