MLB 2021 - Vaccinated and Ready to Go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pitchers are striking out as much as everyone else these days.

I know this is hyperbole, but it's not even close.

Pitcher strikeout rate: 47.9%. Pitcher batting line: .099/.130/.132 (LOL) . Over 1,000 plate appearances of nothing.

Non-pitcher strikeout rate: 23.5%. Non-pitcher batting line: .238/.316/.398

I support both more offense and pitchers having to bat. 1) it makes pitching change tactics more interesting later in the game and 2) it adds some element of tactical play whereby having a multi tool asset of a pitcher is valuable and shouldn’t be disregarded.

Also I hate baseball.

I've never liked seeing the pitchers hit. The worst is when they would bust out the jackets to run. Don't wanna get chilly out there. Lol! Long live the DH!

Go watch Jose Fernandez or Dontrelle Willis or Greg or Tom Glavine or Madison Bumgarber at bat. They were all fun. No clue if Bumhead can still hit, since baseball sucks now.

NL managers with a DH and analytics dominating scouting and coaching gonna be breaking these out

tenor.gif

I support both more offense and pitchers having to bat. 1) it makes pitching change tactics more interesting later in the game and 2) it adds some element of tactical play whereby having a multi tool asset of a pitcher is valuable and shouldn’t be disregarded.

What that guy said...

Also I hate baseball.

... except for this part.

Go watch Jose Fernandez or Dontrelle Willis or Greg or Tom Glavine or Madison Bumgarber at bat. They were all fun. No clue if Bumhead can still hit, since baseball sucks now.
To this day I still contend that the Mets would have won the 2016 NLCS if Willie Randolph would have sent Darren Oliver up to pinch hit instead of a gimpy Cliff Floyd.

And without pitchers hitting, who the hell is going to provide all of deGrom's run support?

I wonder who I was thinking of by “Greg” because I currently can’t think of any good hitting pitchers named Greg.

Also, Bumgarber is a good typo.

First I thought you were talking about the 2016 NLDS, and that wasn't right, then I looked at 2017, no again, and finally had to google "Cliff Floyd pinch-hit" before realizing what it was.

First I thought you were talking about the 2016 NLDS, and that wasn't right, then I looked at 2017, no again, and finally had to google "Cliff Floyd pinch-hit" before realizing what it was.
They should have fucking let Darren Oliver pinch hit and bunt. Would have had second and third and just one out.

Haunts me to this day.

Really depends. I won’t assume the attacker is necessarily an asshole if the guy said something super worthy of getting punched in the face, even if I don’t condone violence.

my favourite is the guy who comes flying up the stairs after the punch and then immediately puts his hands up and nopes right the fuck back out of there.

So Mike Trout is basically Mickey Mantle right? It’s gonna wind up that he could have been the best but injuries stopped it from happening. If I were the Angels I’d be DHing Trout multiple games per week to save wear on his body. Then again, fuck the Angels.

If I were the Angels I'd try hard to get Mike Trout into the playoffs one of these years.

The strike zone is too big, too many foreign substances allowed to be used by pitchers with no repercussion, and the mound is too high.

You get a no hitter. And you get a no hitter. And you get a no hitter.

Kluber’s was fun though.

The strike zone is too big, too many foreign substances allowed to be used by pitchers with no repercussion, and the mound is too high.
Yeah, it does seem like more pitchers these days are frequently going to their cap or their glove in a suspicious way or for what looks like a foreign substance. Or maybe I'm just noticing it more than I did when I was younger.

I don't really give too much of a shit honestly but I have noticed it.

I think I bitched about this in this thread already but like Espn and yahoo and every entity ever needs to stop sending push notifications for no hitters. 10 years ago they were special, when you were lucky to see one every other 200 games per team, not every 20 games.

Back
Top Bottom