MLB 2021 - Vaccinated and Ready to Go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I miss the days when in the Division Series, teams from the same division couldn't play each other. LA/SF should be a NLCS match-up. Same with Boston/TB in the AL.

That's just how playoff seeding rolls sometimes. Plus, if the Brewers make the NCLS, that's not going to be easy for either SF/LA.

That's just how playoff seeding rolls sometimes. Plus, if the Brewers make the NCLS, that's not going to be easy for either SF/LA.

Before 2012, teams from the same division didn't face each other in the first round. The 2 best teams in their respective leagues are often in the same division. The Yankees faced the BoSox a few times before the format change. But it does help make the Division Series "sexier". :wink:

The BoSox have vanquished the Rays! Good gravy. My "jinx" worked. I picked the Rays to win the 2021 WS. It will either be cheaters vs. cheaters, or Sox vs Sox in the ALCS. :wink:

[TWEET]1448385484539908101[/TWEET]

Rough week for the White Sox. I wonder if GAF would like to say any memorial words for the Craig Kimbrel era?

If I didn’t know any better I’d suspect he was traded from the Cubs with the specific instructions to sabotage the Sox in the 11th hour.

Well-played. Or well-not-well-played, as it were.

Last edited:
And now we have the flaw in MLB's current playoff system: A 106 win team is eliminated in the Division Series and and an 88 win team advances to the Championship Series. Jinx alert: LA in 4.

I’m shocked we don’t have any grumbling in here about that blown check swing call last night.

Anything could have happened obviously, but even if that third strike isn’t called Scherzer would still have been up 1-2 and you’d like to think he would’ve gotten that out eventually anyway.

Wasn’t there also a questionable call against the Dodgers earlier in the game?

And now we have the flaw in MLB's current playoff system: A 106 win team is eliminated in the Division Series and and an 88 win team advances to the Championship Series. Jinx alert: LA in 4.
Meh - it's not as if it hasn't happened before. Mets made the World Series in 73 with 82 wins.

End of the day the same teams keep making the playoffs so I don't see any issues.

this may be a chicken before the egg situation - but i prefer pitching duels and strategy decisions on whether or not you should pinch hit or leave him in, double switch, sacrifice, etc. etc.

if i grew up a fan of the american league maybe i'd like people just bludgeoning the shit out of the ball for 5 hours. alas, i didn't, and i don't.

It’s weird that the sport has managed to have a dichotomy of rules. Unique.

But baseball is all about situational strategy. The DH just removes that.

It requires more skill for a pitcher to face a competent hitter as opposed to facing a shitty hitting pitcher. 2022, baby! Here comes the DH!!! MLB already lost LN7 as a fan, so who cares? :wink:

It requires more skill for a pitcher to face a competent hitter as opposed to facing a shitty hitting pitcher. 2022, baby! Here comes the DH!!! MLB already lost LN7 as a fan, so who cares? :wink:
It takes more skill for a manager to actually manage hitting situations than to just set and forget a lineup.

The-Critic-It-Stinks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom