MLB 2020- Coronavirus Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna be stoked with Kumar Rocker or Jack Leiter when we suck so bad to get one of them in the draft next year. Also, I hate the Astros. The only guy on that team I like is Verlander, because I’m also a Tigers fan.

Hating the Astros is fun and easy, plus fuck the Astros is fun to say.

I can't hate them too much though because their manager's sheer stupidity gave us a championship. Thank you!

Yep.

Like... I'm fine with hating them. I just think people should tone it down a bit because there's a fairly decent chance players on your team are cheating, or have cheated, as well.

Maybe not to the same extent, especially now - but the odds of this being an isolated incident are not good.

Last edited:
4 more Marlins test positive.
17 total now.

U2 wrote Miami
The saving grace and why the season is probably not (yet) in jeopardy is that nobody from the Phillies has tested positive yet - we're nearing the end of the incubation period so if the Marlins did spread it to Philly we'll start seeing positive cases soon.

For now it simply looks like a terrible case of mismanagement by a terrible franchise, and a terrible policy by MLB to not have an independent third party make these decisions for them - which can be fixed (like, uh, duh, have a third party make these decisions).

If spread to Philly doesn't happen I guess that's kind of a good thing - that the spread only really happens within a team who are living in traveling in close quarters but much harder to spread to the other team as they aren't near the potentially positive players for long enough.

Either way this was avoidable.

MLB said they would reserve the right to move teams out of hot spots. They need to use those rights here (and not just on the Marlins), or this will happen again

Somebody phone Jeffrey Loria, Jeter needs his great wisdom. While Jeter has managed to potentially kill players, Loria managed to kill an entire franchise. Twice.

Jeter must learn the ways.

I'm still aghast that 3 players who tested positive in the morning played in the afternoon on Sunday.

That the Nats are taking a team vote against playing in Florida is good for them, but what the hell is MLB doing if players need to take the matter in their hands.

It's almost as though revenue is more important than players' health.

The biggest joke about this Marlins fiasco is that they decided as a team to play. Talk about toxic male masculinity at full steam. “How you feel” “be a man” “toughen up” “take one for the team” “faith in god” I’m sure those were all thoughts and sentiments amongst those who were in favor versus those who were opposed.

And their "leader" in the decision to play tested positive.

At least it looks that there are no additional cases in the other teams, and postponing the Phillies' games until Monday seems prudent. It sucks that they likely get affected by another team's bad behavior even if it turns out that they didn't catch the virus (it can't be good to stay idle for a week rights after opening weekend).

EDIT: Complaint withdrawn. I didn't actually watch the video first. Good job, Astros and Dodgers. I'm serious. I'm glad they could handle that with a bit of poise and remain socially distanced for the most part.

Last edited:
I’m gonna be stoked with Kumar Rocker or Jack Leiter when we suck so bad to get one of them in the draft next year. Also, I hate the Astros. The only guy on that team I like is Verlander, because I’m also a Tigers fan.
What are your thoughts on Kyle Lewis? I don't know much about him but I was able to pick him up in my Fantasy league and he is absolutely killing it right now. It's only six games of course but he has the most hits in MLB. Is he the real deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom