Mlb 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
should the anaheim ducks really be on that list? isn't that a bit like saying the new jersey devils are a new york city team?

edit: i guess i should have looked at a map before i made this post.

should the anaheim ducks really be on that list? isn't that a bit like saying the new jersey devils are a new york city team?

edit: i guess i should have looked at a map before i made this post.

Which way are you editing this over?

Because the New Jersey Devils kinda are a New York City (area) team. I mean, if you count the New York Jets and New York Giants as New York City area teams (except they play in a swamp in New Jersey).

But also Anaheim is basically one of many sister locations to Los Angeles, but also definitely distinct from LA (unlike throwing around Long Beach or El Segundo or whatever, which to me is handwavingly LA).

I would not have included the Ducks in all of this, personally, but would count the "Jersey" teams.

Should have been the Brewers.

Absolutely love that the series ended with Machado striking out.

Last edited:
The BoSox are simply incredible. The Dodgers didn't stand a chance.

Fitting that it was Machado who was the final out. I hope the Yankees don't sign him.

Does Kershaw opt out?

The 2018 BoSox: One of the best teams ever.

an oldie but still goodie:

Bzcc2QACQAAuNAx.jpg

...and then pitched poorly in an even more critical game.

Nothing will top Game 6 where he gave up 4 runs at Wrigley and sent the Cubs to the World Series.

well now he can use one of those 93 million dollar bills to wipe away his tears after such a painful insult from laz.

So we move James Paxton for Justus Sheffield (who has a projected ceiling of a number 3, a walk problem, and scouts see as potentially needing to move to the ‘pen due to inconsistent 3rd offering), a guy we could have waited for the Rule 5 draft, and a 23 year old in High A that isn’t in the Yankees’ top 30 prospects (as per mlb.com).

Unless Sheffield improves his control and his change significantly, that’s another big trade win for Cashman.

So we move James Paxton for Justus Sheffield (who has a projected ceiling of a number 3, a walk problem, and scouts see as potentially needing to move to the ‘pen due to inconsistent 3rd offering), a guy we could have waited for the Rule 5 draft, and a 23 year old in High A that isn’t in the Yankees’ top 30 prospects (as per mlb.com).

Unless Sheffield improves his control and his change significantly, that’s another big trade win for Cashman.

Sheffield could be a good pitcher. His time hasn't come yet, though.

I'm not a big fan of the Yankees signing Machado, but if it happens, fuck it. The Yankees hit a record breaking amount of HR's last season and they couldn't escape the Division Series. Yes, of course, it was the against the BoSox, but pitching, pitching, and more pitching should be their priority this offseason.

Poor Seattle. Treading water since 2002. Plus, 5 more years and $120 million of 36 year old Robinson Cano.

Back
Top Bottom