MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and congrats GAF on your beloved Cubbies finally winning.

friggin' :wink:
in all seriousness congrats Ashley and MIA Laz

Shit, LN7 was right. I'm fuckin' old. I fell asleep sometime in the 8th inning. I was rooting for the Cubs just so they could finally kill that terrible drought. I never thought that would ever happen.

For what it's worth, you know you're not *that* old...

this is great.

8SjhVwP.gif

I noticed it last night on the broadcast. Dude knew it was game over and was smiling like the Cheshire Cat before even getting to the ball.
I'm happy for all the Cubs save Chapman and Wine Glass Joe.
Seem like a good bunch of guys once Chapman heads back to the Bronx.

Yeah, I hate that Aroldis "I only apologize for using the gun" Chapman is a champion now. What an asshole.

He fit it in great in New York.

I noticed it last night on the broadcast. Dude knew it was game over and was smiling like the Cheshire Cat before even getting to the ball.

I saw it, and my heart almost stopped because I thought he was going to be too happy to throw it straight, :lol:. Cubs fan... Superstitious til the very end.

even more so that he got the win. that's going to be on the box score of this historic world series game 7 for all time. ugh. when they announced after the cubs went up that he was in line for it, i was praying for cleveland to at least tie it up so that wouldn't happen.

I wasn't happy to see that either. I don't like Chapman. I hate that he got me excited to see him come out pitch, and I hate that he left a dark mark on any part of the season.

Oh well, there's a lot else to love.

Indians really dropped the ball in the tenth. That ass was throwing everything low and outside yet they swung at all of those obvious pitches due to nerves or whatever. It took them two outs to figure things out (standing there for the walk) and you have to wonder what could have been had they been a little more patient.

Kind of ironic that baseball's greatest underdog story ends with them being the favorites for about an entire calendar year.

I wasn't happy to see that either. I don't like Chapman. I hate that he got me excited to see him come out pitch, and I hate that he left a dark mark on any part of the season.

Oh well, there's a lot else to love.

That was the Cubs' handshake agreement with the devil: They'll win the World Series, but they gotta have Chapman out there. :wink:

John Lackey was fun, but Brandon Wood made that shit legendary.

Just had to relive the days when Lackey signed with the Sox and Interference was graced with the birth of Brandon Wood.

Starts here

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/mlb-2009-part-3-a-202379-28.html#post6566805

And takes about 6 pages till Wood finally appears.

Some funny comments, but of course it only became better as time went on and Wood became perhaps the worst player in MLB history when compared to expectation.

Just had to relive the days when Lackey signed with the Sox and Interference was graced with the birth of Brandon Wood.

Starts here

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/mlb-2009-part-3-a-202379-28.html#post6566805

And takes about 6 pages till Wood finally appears.

Some funny comments, but of course it only became better as time went on and Wood became perhaps the worst player in MLB history when compared to expectation.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6573616

Lmfao

Back
Top Bottom