MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So much for the battle between two of the (supposed) best teams in the league. Not even Arietta having an off day can stop these Cubs.

broom.png

I'm expecting another 90 win season from us that ultimately goes nowhere.

Bryce Harper will be chomping at the bit to stick around for more NLDS exits.

Last edited:
Their team strikeout rate is starting to creep up a little after a great start, which is about the best hope I've got right now.

They look incredibly tough out of the gate.

:shrug: they had the third worst strike out rate of all time last year. You don't WANT to see the strike outs, but I'm not gonna panic yet.

I'm at home in Indiana this week. Not going to Wrigley is killing me. I might crack and go to tomorrow's game, but it remains to be seen.

They're a juggernaut currently. But its only May 8. Health will be a big key for them over the long haul.

Health has already reared its head with Schwarber out for the season. They've only lost 6 games without him but the lineup would certainly be deadlier over the long haul.

Keep in mind that Heyward and Soler aren't even batting to their potentials yet.

:shrug: they had the third worst strike out rate of all time last year. You don't WANT to see the strike outs, but I'm not gonna panic yet.

I'm at home in Indiana this week. Not going to Wrigley is killing me. I might crack and go to tomorrow's game, but it remains to be seen.

I doubt you'd regret going, and it's not like tickets are expensive.

Right... which is why the Mets were able to sweep them. High strikeout hitters vs a slew of strikeout pitchers. Contrast that with Kansas City. Those fucks never strike out.

Health has already reared its head with Schwarber out for the season. They've only lost 6 games without him but the lineup would certainly be deadlier over the long haul.

Keep in mind that Heyward and Soler aren't even batting to their potentials yet.
They'll continue to be a terrific team and likely win 100+ games, but it'll be despite Heyward. Terrible contract.

And all their starters are over 30 other than Hendricks... God forbid Arietta goes down.

The Cubs, Mets and Nats are all going to put up gaudy win totals this year because the National League is, quite frankly, awful. The ultimate winner come playoff time will come down to matchups and health. As good as Chicago has been, I'll take my chances with a healthy Mets rotation.

Our rotation's ERA was shockingly low (lowest in the league?) until this series.

Probably because we hadn't faced a decent lineup.

Tell an umpire to fuck off, get your star player ejected, win the game on a walk off two pitches later.

That's the way to do it :up:

Max Scherzer: 5th man with a 20 K game. :up: :up: :up:

Against his old team no less. Meanwhile, we got three off ex-Nat Jordan Zimmermann.

Last edited:
My bad. 5th occurrence, 4th person to accomplish it.

Roger Clemens (1986, 1996)
Kerry Wood (1998)
Randy Johnson (2001)
Max Scherzer (2016)

This coming after a particularly middling start for Scherzer. He even gave up two homers tonight in an otherwise historic performance.

Last edited:
looool

Looking forward to this Nats/Marlins series btw. You guys always give us a challenge anyway and this is a much hotter team.

Last edited:
I doubt you'd regret going, and it's not like tickets are expensive.

I was going to go to Monday's game :sad:

Right... which is why the Mets were able to sweep them. High strikeout hitters vs a slew of strikeout pitchers. Contrast that with Kansas City. Those fucks never strike out.

I still contend that Addison Russell getting injured was the key to the Mets victory, but we'll never know. Still, I wasn't suggesting that striking out is a good thing, simply that it didn't affect their (regular season) w/l record overly much.

Back
Top Bottom