MLB 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, you got to see a guy get 7 hits in a game for first time in 41 years. So you got that going for you. Which is nice.

post-19259-so-I-got-that-going-for-me-whi-CKYI.gif

Everything on field and in the stands is gorgeous. Seeing it on TV makes it look dull. It's positively vibrant.

I thought it had a reputation for good food. Not my experience. It was pretty typical ballpark crap. Obviously could've made some wrong choices.

Even among ballparks, alcohol is incredibly expensive. $15 'imports.'

I'd say overall, B+/A-. As reference, I've been to the old SunLife, Tropicana, the new Yankee, Fenway, Nationals Park, and Coors Field.

I was there when the Phils were in town at the end of July. I liked it. The lime green is still annoying in person, but everything else is solid. The prices aren't great, as LN7 noted, I think I threw down $50+ just on drinks during the game.

Design-wise it reminded me of Houston's ballpark, which I've never been to but I have seen on TV.

Everything on field and in the stands is gorgeous. Seeing it on TV makes it look dull. It's positively vibrant.

I thought it had a reputation for good food. Not my experience. It was pretty typical ballpark crap. Obviously could've made some wrong choices.

Even among ballparks, alcohol is incredibly expensive. $15 'imports.'

I'd say overall, B+/A-. As reference, I've been to the old SunLife, Tropicana, the new Yankee, Fenway, Nationals Park, and Coors Field.

Nice! Right, if you go again, maybe you should try some Spanish food. I'm assuming it's sold there. They've got 15 dollar beers at Yankee Stadium III also. I nursed one for 4 innings. :wink:

He had a hell of a night back in Phily though. Great game for us Dodger fans. It's still mind boggling how great this team has been with Kershaw on the DL.

The Marlins nosedive is humorous.

This will sound fucked up coming from a Marlin fan perspective, and maybe the loria is getting to me, but if there was ever a time to blow a core up while it still has value, that's now. Stanton can't stay healthy, Ozuna is too streaky, Prado will be gone ($$), Gordon is off the juice... Fernandez and Yelich are the only pieces that don't quite bother me.

Adam Conley had a no hitter going into the 9th earlier this year and Dumb Don Mattingly put Jose Urethra Urena into the game and he not only blew the no hitter, he almost blew the game.

Anyways, Jeff Francour was always a Marlin killer who destroyed everything nice. Now that he's a Marlin he even destroys enjoyable moments as a suffering Marlins fan.

Back
Top Bottom