MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my initial reaction.

Now that I've thought about it, it's definitely an upgrade for the kid. The Royals have no chance of winning that division with us and the Twins in there, so now he's in a better position to make the playoffs. The NL Central blows, and this could make the Brewers the favorite there. Make no mistake about it, Greinke is a fucking monster. One of my favorite pitchers to watch over the last 4 years or so.

But, still. He cries to get out of Kansas City, and then has to go to Milwaukee? Probably not his dream scenario.

I guess he probably prefers small markets due to his social anxiety thing, so maybe he's happy?

Wonder what Texas offered. Kinda figured they would try hard since they lost lee

KC wanted Elvis. No dice.

Elvis-Costello.jpg

I've heard he's got a wicked googly.

Just feeling something out here: If I were to start an NCAA baseball thread, would anyone besides me be posting in it?

We have a major league in Aus now. Melbourne won one game 20-3 and then lost the next game 3-2. Did any team come close to scoring 20 in an MLB game this year? No wonder no one respects it here.

We have a major league in Aus now. Melbourne won one game 20-3 and then lost the next game 3-2. Did any team come close to scoring 20 in an MLB game this year? No wonder no one respects it here.

There are multiple games every year in MLB where a single team scores 15 or more runs.

I know off the top of my head we lost a game 20-1 to the Twins in '09.

The Cubs beat the Phillies 26-23 in a game in 1922.

So, basically, the Melbourne game that was 20-3, while definitely a big time ass beating, is nothing really all that crazy. It happens from time to time.

Nevermind, the Brewers had high scorers twice this past season, I thought the game I was thinking of had something to do with the Cubs:

August 2nd @CHC 18-1

And then in game three of the series the Cubs hit them right back:

August 4th @CHC 3-15

I never catch games like that on TV though :(.

(Yeah, I did just post in here so I could momentarily own Lemonade Stand)

At least for the Red Sox it seems that every single time they pile on runs they follow up the next day by mustering very little offense.

well i am completely out of my depth talking about the sport.

does there exist an abridged version of the game? like i fucking love test cricket, but a lot of people hate it because it goes for so long, so there's an abridged version which only goes for a day and an abridged version of the abridged version which goes for about three hours.

Baseball only goes about 3 hours as it is.

As far as on tv, as a pro sport, not really, but softball games are only 7 innings, I do believe, and they have a slaughter rule, also as far as I know.

Maybe he should call about Verlander, too, then.

If the Tigers fall apart and look as inept as the Mariners at the trade deadline, yes, they should call about Verlander.

With Greinke now traded and the Mariners in serious need of a reboot, Hernandez is on the clock. My guess is that there will be serious rumors at this deadline and that he gets traded next offseason. The good news (for you) is that with that contract, the team is going to ask (and get) a King's ransom for the kid.

If the Tigers fall apart and look as inept as the Mariners at the trade deadline, yes, they should call about Verlander.

With Greinke now traded and the Mariners in serious need of a reboot, Hernandez is on the clock. My guess is that there will be serious rumors at this deadline and that he gets traded next offseason. The good news (for you) is that with that contract, the team is going to ask (and get) a King's ransom for the kid.

You're right. A team shouldn't rebuild around youth at all. :rolleyes:

Man who killed Angel pitcher gets 51 years to life - Baseball- NBC Sports

SANTA ANA, Calif. - A construction worker who was on probation for felony drunken driving when he ran a red light and killed rookie Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two other people was sentenced Wednesday to 51 years to life in prison.

A judge sentenced Andrew Gallo, 24, amid sobbing from the victims' family and friends who earlier heard him apologize for the 2009 crash.

nothing funny about drinking and driving, so i'm not even going to make a dick wood joke or do the little waving guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom