Major League Soccer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LUNEDEMINUIT

Acrobat
Judging by the absence of a thread about it,i assume soccer lovers in north america don't care.Personnaly,i did give it a chance this year,since Montreal came in the league ,and i thought the caliber of play wasn't that bad.It's more of a physical game than in europe,for sure.But if you don't make the comparison with the champion league of the premier league,and just take it for it's difference in the way the games is being played,i have enjoyed it...(i attended 2 games,plus watching a few games on T.V.)

I like the fact that Don Garber is growing it step by step,small stadiums,(here in Montreal the capacity is 20 521)and not expanding it too fast,it's smart.Its still a relatively young league,17th season,but the notoriety will gain little by little.We won't see the best players in europe coming in at their prime,but Beckham and Henry are good ambassadors for the MLS.When the L.A. Galaxy came here,they draw 60 000 people at the big O.and Henry draw the first sold out game at the Saputo stadium.

And i think having FIFA putting his stamp on it,it's good for credibility of the league as well.

Back
Top Bottom