London 2012 Summer Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh please tell me they didn't run with Team Oceania :barf:

:facepalm: how embarrassing! channel 9's 'we should hang our heads in shame' coverage is nothing short of disgusting ~ we haven't had the best of games it is true but sheesh; maybe it is just time for us to shine in other areas and it kind of diminishes the achievements of those who have medalled and . . . I'll stop now! :gah:

and i look forward to 4 years of Magnussen vs. Adrian battles in the sprints. could be a fantastic rivalry.

:yes: Magnussen has learned alot and no doubt will go away and channel that which should make for some exciting meet ups in the future :)

agreed. it's all settled now. i'm ready for track as well.

at the risk of being wildly discredited, the track events just don't hold the same allure for me as the swimming and team events (hockey, basketball, volleyball, handball, cycling etc) ~ having said that I'll still be glued to my screens for the next week or so cheering everybody on and being the armchair critic from hell :lol:

So happy for Andy Murray and Great Britain! Great match.

just catching some highlights now and it really is the sweetest of redemptions for him :up:

fed looked like he didn't want to be there

oh this - mr glum with misery on top!

The Opals had great a game this morning :happydance: and the Hockeyroos are giving me heart failure :panic:

the sad caveat, tough, is that no GDR swimmer ever failed a drug test. China has failed over 40 the past 20 years (i think, i'd have to double check the numbers).

The anti-doping lab and technology in London is significantly more advanced than anything from 20-30+ years ago, and there are now hundreds of banned substances. They also have new tests for hgh and blood doping.

If we're talking about doping, Gatlin would be my prime suspect. I don't even know why he's allowed to compete.

I am sure it was sabotage. That is the only way they could beat him.

The coincidence that his coach had a history of doping before made Gatlin an easy target.

Sad to see a drugs cheat take bronze. Then again, half these guys are probably doped up.

I'm pretty sure the embryo that eventually matured into Usain Bolt was created in the lab. That doesn't technically count as doping.

I'm pretty sure the embryo that eventually matured into Usain Bolt was created in the lab. That doesn't technically count as doping.

I hope Bolt is clean, I really do, but what you say above could have applied to Carl Lewis and even he got caught.

Another probable doper, Britain's Christine Ohuruoguwon, won silver in the womens' 200m.

A sad day for sport - not that you'll see that view expressed in the MSM.

really pissed slukova and kolocova aren't in bikinis

slukova-beach-volleyball-14.jpg

Kessy and Ross need to retire

god. damn. :heart: x2

stupid me for not going straight to google images

the czech women have come a long way since martina navratilova

Slukova is waaaaaay hotter!

Anyway, awesome 100m final. Fucking love Usain Bolt. Smashes the Olympic record when all the doubters said he might not even medal.

Tyson Gay cost himself third.

Winning tennis mixed doubles gold and somehow ahead of Australia on the medal tally. What. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom