London 2012 Summer Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I missed it, wanted to see it. I assume he shaved off the facial hair, because couldn't that slow you down? That sounds crazy, but they all seem pretty hairless :shifty:

Swimmers shave everything not covered by their suit for their major competitions.

It works. It so works. It's the most amazing feeling in the world jumping into the pool after 2 weeks tapering for your meet and feeling your freshly shaved body literally tingling. It's more psychological -- sure, doesn't hurt that the hair is gone, but it's the removal of dead skin cells that makes your body feel amazing in the water.

And to add that I like my men with chest hair, so this isn't an aesthetic thing for me.

Irvine511 said:
Swimmers shave everything not covered by their suit for their major competitions.

It works. It so works. It's the most amazing feeling in the world jumping into the pool after 2 weeks tapering for your meet and feeling your freshly shaved body literally tingling. It's more psychological -- sure, doesn't hurt that the hair is gone, but it's the removal of dead skin cells that makes your body feel amazing in the water.

And to add that I like my men with chest hair, so this isn't an aesthetic thing for me.

I agree. In high school we wouldn't shave for a few weeks leading up to a big meet so we could shave the night before. It felt amazing. I felt faster.

I still remember our Olympics thread from 4 years ago. That was a lot of fun.
I remember someone calling Phelps a Butterface. I also remember having a lot of fun playing Super Xenophobic France and Canada hatin' Uber Patriot American #8. There were several of us.

Anyhow...on the female objectification side...no Nastia or Alicia in gymnastics.
But Misti May will be bringing her booty again for volleyball.

So excited for the Olympics! :up: Canada hasn't been airing any of our trials (as far as I know), but since I live in a border city I've been watching the US ones.

Jordyn
McKayla
Gabby
Aly
Kyla

USA women's gymnastics 2012. There were clearly two requirements for making the team. Be a good athlete, and have the letter Y in your first name. Comin at you hard with a letter Y!

i blame millennial parents who seem to think that adding a "y" to a name makes it fancy.

in reality, it just makes me think their child is going to be one day be featured on Nancy Grace.

i thought that was you? ;)

i can't choose between Phelps and Lochte, at least when it comes to swimming. Phelps is basically Water Jesus, but Lochte has willed himself into something amazing. i'd happily grate cheese on both their abs, but Lochte is better looking overall.

also, it is no easy thing to make Michael Phelps look smart. and yet, somehow, Lochte pulls that off whenever the two are interviewed together.

phelps_lochte_2.jpg

Irvine511 said:
also, it is no easy thing to make Michael Phelps look smart.

He looks high as a kite in every Subway commercial. That probably makes him just right for the part.

God, I hope I didn't do that. If I did shame on me. I remember posting about something one of the other female swimmers had said about him. I'm going to check :sexywink: That thread should come back with more pics.

You said goofus-but you are correct, I brought up the term. Shouldn't have done that.

"from the neck up, he's a goofus.

from the neck down ... perfection."

And I said this..

"Is that your polite way of saying "butterface"?

It is weird to see people use that lovely term about a guy, I've only ever heard it about females"

At least I said he was very cute in a charming, dorky way.

It was Amanda Beard who said that rumors about them were "nasty", that she has really good taste and he's not her type.

He IS a butterface!

His body is amazing (I actually think it's nicer than Lochte's), but his face is just really unfortunate.

Still, RAWR. :shifty:

Irvine511 said:

i can't choose between Phelps and Lochte, at least when it comes to swimming. Phelps is basically Water Jesus, but Lochte has willed himself into something amazing. i'd happily grate cheese on both their abs, but Lochte is better looking overall.

also, it is no easy thing to make Michael Phelps look smart. and yet, somehow, Lochte pulls that off whenever the two are interviewed together.

But at least Lochte is pretty.

He IS a butterface!

His body is amazing (I actually think it's nicer than Lochte's), but his face is just really unfortunate.

Still, RAWR. :shifty:

Truth!

ETA: The use of the word "unfortunate" to describe his face made me laugh way more than it should have! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom