London 2012 Summer Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A big BOO to NBC for holding the Women's Beach Vollyball final for prime time. Is there anywhere I can see it live?

^ bloody networks :madwife:

it's the wee smalls of the morning here which is likely why they keep cutting back to it!

I haven't checked the links here but you can usually find what you're looking for :) good luck! is NBC not streaming live? I know a few of the US folk around these boards have been streaming stuff live from that site?

Sport Lemon - From Sport - Watch Live Sports Online - FromSport

Yep, Martina did well (and he was jogging too at the end).
And Blake barely remained 1st with all his jogging. 0.03 slower and he would've been third (though still faster than Bolt and Martina). :)

Usain Bolt just won his 200 metre semi-final in 20.18 seconds. It looked like he was jogging half the time. Unreal.
That was funny.

It's weird to see such large gaps of quality at the top level.

BoMac said:
Usain Bolt just won his 200 metre semi-final in 20.18 seconds. It looked like he was jogging half the time. Unreal.

I hope he blows them away tomorrow

Everyone in my family (I am together with extended family for the two weeks of the Olympics) hates watching Bolt and they all think he's an egotistical pig but if he's the real deal - not doping and defending his titles - I don't see why he has to act modest and humble all the time in order to be respected as an athlete.

I love watching Bolt in the same way I loved watching coverage of the Mars rover landing. Sometimes the word 'awe' is all that fits.

1. Google's Olympic basketball doodle is way too addictive.

i didn't have time to play this morning. now that i'm home from work, i've been playing for the last half an hour.

my best is 33 points.

Excited that the BMX has begun. Hope Sarah Walker, Marc Willers, and Kurt Pickard can bring medals home for New Zealand. :up:

i didn't have time to play this morning. now that i'm home from work, i've been playing for the last half an hour.

my best is 33 points.

Same. I can get 24 or 27 easily, but more than 33 seems impossible.

I wonder what Kobe is talking about here... I bet Steph Rice knows.

315332_10151087918753394_1176903516_n.jpg

Excited that the BMX has begun. Hope Sarah Walker, Marc Willers, and Kurt Pickard can bring medals home for New Zealand. :up:

Same. I can get 24 or 27 easily, but more than 33 seems impossible.

i couldn't want until tomorrow so i went over to google's nz page. this one is fun too!

Google

I wonder what Kobe is talking about here... I bet Steph Rice knows.

315332_10151087918753394_1176903516_n.jpg

this one time in colorado...

She just comes across as bitter. Cambage probably had a crack at Bryant herself and got turned down.

I love watching Bolt in the same way I loved watching coverage of the Mars rover landing. Sometimes the word 'awe' is all that fits.

This.

I think I dislike hubris in athletes in a team sport setting, but, coming from Bolt, it just does not bother me, and part of me likes it. The man is unreal, and as was said earlier, to actually see a talent gap even here at the very top is, indeed, awesome. We're privileged to watch him run.

I like Bolt's showmanship. I don't find it arrogant; he knows how to work an audience - both those there and people watching on telly - and he works them well.

Steph Rice used to be really good. She's still really hot, so I still love her.

Yeah, but have you heard her speak? Thick as bogan shit. Instant turn-off.

Gold in the kayak men's four 1000m!!

And if you thought JB was bad... Tomkins couldn't even contain himself! "YES! COME ON! WE'RE GONNA DO IT! YESSSSSS! WOOOOOHOOOO!"

I'm just sick of them replaying Sally Pearson. Apparently the other golds just aren't as endearing as "our Sally".

Back
Top Bottom