It's a college basketball thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Davidson,

Please stop missing open layups.

Sincerely,

Me

God damn I missed March Madness. I didn't even get to see much of it last year because the first two rounds I was travelling and in NYC. This is awesome. :drool:

WKU :up:

I'm looking good so far but I could easily lose a couple sweet 16 teams today...

Butler has scored on the exact same play their last 5-6 possessions, where AJ Graves dribbles halfway into the lane then kicks the ball out to a wide-open shooter.

CTU2fan said:
UConn will beat UCLA (if Drake doesn't beat UConn first). How's that for hedging?

You were CLEARLY talking about the Women's tournament, right? :lol:

UConn has been over-rated all year long. They lost in the first round of the Big East, and the first round of the NCAA. There is NO WAY they deserved a four seed. They looked worse then a Big Ten team....an embarrassment to the Big East.

In their defense, Price going down hurt them. With him, they lose to UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen.

I really don't like Calhoun. At all.

zonelistener said:

You were CLEARLY talking about the Women's tournament, right? :lol:

UConn has been over-rated all year long. They lost in the first round of the Big East, and the first round of the NCAA. There is NO WAY they deserved a four seed. They looked worse then a Big Ten team....an embarrassment to the Big East.

Well I wouldn't go that far, but I did post somewhere in this mega-thread that UConn would likely end up getting a higher seed than they deserved and losing to a lower seed in one of the first 2 rounds. Of course I had something like them being a 3 and losing to a 6 in mind, not a first-round loss to a 13. Ugh.

If Price doesn't go down they win, not that that's any excuse...they ought to be able to beat San Diego without him. Guarding Pomare might have been a good strategy too.

PFan I think you're being a bit unfair to Jim Calhoun. UConn went years without ever losing one of these games that they're supposed to win before these last few tourneys (NC State, George Mason, now San Diego). No way does he just magically turn into a moron overnight. I didn't like the way UConn approached it on offense but I don't think Calhoun did either; now if you want to question his recent recruiting that's certainly fair.

On the bright side my pick of 'Nova in the Sweet 16 looks like a good one...between this and the Super Bowl my inner sports fan is taking a pounding - maybe the Celtics will come through. Can't complain though, not in here anyway :wink:

Live by the 3, die by the 3...how often has that happened to Duke in the tournament.

Not often enough...Duke losing takes a bit of sting off, even if it is a loss to Bob Huggins

Holy crap that game was toooooo much for me!!!!

BRUINS!!! U...C...LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL A!!!

now I gotta take the Pitt banner off my siggy..sigh...

ET said:

now I gotta take the Pitt banner off my siggy..sigh...
bandwagon.jpg

Oh hell no!!! You did NOT call me a bandwagon fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the ultimate insult in fandom...:mad:

I just know when to say goodbye for the year....just for that...

PittPanHead.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom