Interference 2020s Fantasy Football Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But wait wasn’t kid in the practice womb all season?

Taking a step out of lore here for a bit, when was the kid born lol

Pretty sure she's right around 2 years old currently. (Either just turned 2 or just about to. I recall that the reported due date was my birthday which was Friday, but she didn't land on that magical date).

I’d thought they were the ones playing in the finals, though sounds like not.

Yeah it caught me off guard too but I suppose for such a small league it makes a little more sense with the 2 week format per round?
The finals haven't started. We're in the semifinals right now. You are playing Headache in one semifinal and I'm playing Dave C in the other.

Pretty sure she's right around 2 years old currently. (Either just turned 2 or just about to. I recall that the reported due date was my birthday which was Friday, but she didn't land on that magical date).

Man if that’s the case this is a weird instance of “they grow up so fast” even tho I’ve never met this baby. I thought kid was like rounding 1 lmao

LM is very obviously throwing this matchup to his wife. it's so blatant, the commissioner really should investigate this.

I think it's appropriate that you and I are in the championship considering we were two of the only people that actually drafted our teams. I think it was just you, me, and U2inUtah who gave enough of a shit to actually enter the draft room.

i would have shown up for the draft if it wasn't set for the middle of a raptors game 7. i'm good with beating headache for 3rd place though :up:

Last edited:
I think it's appropriate that you and I are in the championship considering we were two of the only people that actually drafted our teams. I think it was just you, me, and U2inUtah who gave enough of a shit to actually enter the draft room.

I was there. Managed to draft all the league's great injury stories of 2020, like McCaffrey with my first pick, Julio Jones with my 3rd and Zack Ertz as my TE.
Somehow pulled off the daily double of leading the league in points and missing the playoffs.

Last edited:
I would comment on how I have a low points-against, but then I remembered that my two free victories against our bottom dwellers were tragically skewed.

Good thing I drafted the turnover machine tho.

I was there. Managed to draft all the league's great injury stories of 2020, like McCaffrey with my first pick, Julio Jones with my 3rd and Zack Ertz as my TE.
Somehow pulled off the daily double of leading the league in points and missing the playoffs.
Oof, yeah I feel you there. That is frustrating. I drafted both McCaffrey and Kittle in another league I'm in.

A weird season overall, with the consensus top two fantasy picks (CMC and Saquon) being out. And even Lamar (consensus top 2 fantasy QB) was pretty disappointing even though he's turned it around the last couple games. Including taking a 30 minute shit in the locker room in the 2nd half of last night's game.

In my work league, I went into Sunday night with an 11 point lead, and my opponent had JuJu left (I was done).

JuJu had 4 points when I decided to take my dog for a walk.

I walked in the door, after the walk, and as I'm literally just stepping in, taking off my coat, I hear Cris/Mike, "JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER WITH THE TOUCHDOWN!" I just looked at Travis and went, "FUCK!"

Lost by 3 points :(.

Ahh well. First time making the playoffs in a money league, so I am getting better at this. I know I could've done better if I'd played the waivers just a little better. It was a 14-team league, and I was constantly making pickups Thursday morning.

In my work league, I went into Sunday night with an 11 point lead, and my opponent had JuJu left (I was done).

JuJu had 4 points when I decided to take my dog for a walk.

I walked in the door, after the walk, and as I'm literally just stepping in, taking off my coat, I hear Cris/Mike, "JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER WITH THE TOUCHDOWN!" I just looked at Travis and went, "FUCK!"

Lost by 3 points :(.

Ahh well. First time making the playoffs in a money league, so I am getting better at this. I know I could've done better if I'd played the waivers just a little better. It was a 14-team league, and I was constantly making pickups Thursday morning.

I was on bye in my other league. My friend made the playoffs with the worst playoff team in our league history of 8 years. He needed 10 points from Baltimore defense to win with 110 points in a league where wins typically require >135.

I really wanted him to win. Not only because he would be an easy opponent this week, but because I don’t want to lose who he was playing lol. I’d rather lose to my friend lol. So watching the game be a shootout where Baker didn’t get sacked once and Baltimore “almost” got a pick 6 was painful.

Not the same of course because it’s not my team, but boy HE must have been upset lol

So I'm off to a great start in the Championship of the Interference league because Waller had a huge night...buuuuuuut I'm fucking facing Waller in the semifinal of my $50 buy-in money league. Pissed. The winner of that league gets like $400.

Would have much rather had a goose egg from Waller even if it meant I'd be in trouble in the Interference league. I've been in first place in the money league the entire season and have a bad feeling I'm gonna lose in the semifinal and walk with no money.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. I feel better now.

There’s an insane improbability of me winning all three of my playoff matches today and it has nothing to do with player performance.

Two teams play against Murray, Jacobs, Akers, Butker, and LAR D. The first team also plays against Claypool and Kamara, while the second also plays Hopkins and Kelce.

My third team consists of Claypool, Hopkins, Kamara, LAR D. Otherwise, my QB (Wilson’s) receivers are possessed by my opponent, so I can’t siphon points independently through this route. Additionally, he is playing Jalen Hurts against Murray, so I need neither of those two players to perform (highly improbable scenario).

The only players that wouldn’t simultaneously help and hurt me in this match are... Jared Cook and Chris Carson.

Good news is I didn’t draft in that league and don’t give a shit about it. So I’ve found myself actively rooting against that team’s success [emoji28]

I probably should've started Brady. This is an epic asskicking the Bucs are putting on the Lions right now. Brady with 300+ yards and 4 TDs before halftime.

Yeah I didn't even realize you had Godwin and Gronk. I've started Kyler over Brady literally since week 1 and it's worked out so hopefully Kyler can have a big one. I've been choosing him mostly because of his ability to run.

I have five players going in the other two games today. Points points points points points.

In real life though I don't actually want Kyler to have *too* good of a game. If the Cardinals lose today the Bears will be in control of their own destiny for the final playoff spot.

So maybe Kyler has a good game but they lose in the 4th quarter...on a 90 yard Kittle TD.

Yeahhhhh I definitely should have started Brady. Oh well.

Bears now have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs and I'll fucking take it.

Could’ve been a lot worse if Kyler didn’t rack up all those yards on the ground.

Today’s two games play right into my hands in both of my championship games... never gave up on Gronk despite feeling foolish for having drafted him so highly (8th or 9th rd pick), flexed him in both leagues. That’s one of my finals philosophies... the only move you’ll ever regret is starting a player you recently acquired. If you drafted them, win or lose, it’s an easier pill to swallow.

That is a good philosophy. I have gone against that philosophy and started a recently acquired guy in big matchups and it's fucked me.

My chances aren't looking good. Basically need all of your guys to massively underperform haha. And maybe get like three or four defensive touchdowns from the Browns D against the Jets?

Back
Top Bottom