Hypothetical Question: Taylor vs. Davis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
So you're the GM of a small market team and a young pitcher with flame thrower for an arm falls into your lap. You've got to groom him into the pitcher that he could be - ho do you sign as your catcher? Jake Taylor or Crash Davis.

Discuss.

(Yes, we all know that the correct answer is Matt Nokes, but he is not an option.)

Jake Taylor is in the better movie, so I'll go with him.

Also, a warning...please don't do a Google image search for Jake Taylor. You're welcome.

Anyway, I'd actually probably take whoever the catcher was in Little Big League. That movie was the shit. But I don't remember who the catcher was.

Also, a warning...please don't do a Google image search for Jake Taylor. You're welcome.

Anyway, I'd actually probably take whoever the catcher was in Little Big League. That movie was the shit. But I don't remember who the catcher was.

The words "functionally retarded" come to mind here.

You've never been wrong more times in one post than with this one.

You hire Crash.

The catcher in Little Big League? The guy who intentionally ignored the hit-and-run? Uh ... Hodges, I think.

And, no, wrong, not him. He's no good.

I go outside the box and pick aging pitcher Chet "Rocket" Stedman. Look at the wonders he did for Henry Rowengartner. Plus nobody fucks with Busey.

As for catcher I'd have to go with Ham Porter from The Sandlot.

[/discussion]

Rookie of the Year and The Sandlot were my two favorite baseball movies growing up - I preferred the latter.

The colossus of clout!

He's an L-7 weeeenieeee. Footlong, Oscar Mayer-even, a Dodger dog... a weenie!

Back
Top Bottom