Espn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone watch Boomer and Carton or Mike Francesa?

I listen to both of those shows on the FAN. Boomer is cool, but Carton is annoying at times. Francesa's callers are shitbags, but they make the show more entertaining.

Way back when, I used to be an ESPN junkie. Every night, it was Baseball Tonight and then Sportscenter. But, with the advent of the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL channels, who needs ESPN? Plus, there's a tennis and golf channel. :wink:

Anyone watch Boomer and Carton or Mike Francesa?

Boomer and Carton nauseate me.

Francesa is the best at what he does. Arrogant? Yes. Pompous? Yes. Dismissive of modern technology/stats/anything he doesn't agree with? Yes.

Despite all that he still does it better than anyone else. Anytime I travel and tune in to local sports radio, the things I dislike about Mike don't seem quite as bad.

Gruden is one of my favorites. The only person I hate, without exception is Kirk Herbstreit.

I listen to both of those shows on the FAN. Boomer is cool, but Carton is annoying at times. Francesa's callers are shitbags, but they make the show more entertaining.

Way back when, I used to be an ESPN junkie. Every night, it was Baseball Tonight and then Sportscenter. But, with the advent of the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL channels, who needs ESPN? Plus, there's a tennis and golf channel. :wink:

For some reason I can't listen to Boomer and Carton, but I enjoy watching them. I enjoy Carton getting under Boomer skin and making him uncomfortable. I usually catch them on the replay now out here on the West Coast. I'd typically listen to Opie and Anthony in the morning, but that's done as of last week.

My sports radio/ tv typically comes and goes with the current events. If there's no sports stuff going on that I'm into, I don't tune in.

For years I had listened to Mike and the Mad Dog religiously. Since it's just Mike, I've fell off a bit, but still always tune in when something's going on. He's been getting heavily trolled in the last year or so.

Ever see the trilogy that Mike Zaun on youtube? Hilarious.

Boomer and Carton nauseate me.

Francesa is the best at what he does. Arrogant? Yes. Pompous? Yes. Dismissive of modern technology/stats/anything he doesn't agree with? Yes.

Despite all that he still does it better than anyone else. Anytime I travel and tune in to local sports radio, the things I dislike about Mike don't seem quite as bad.

I agree on Francesa. He's phenomenal. My #1 go to sports guy. I love the arrogance and pomposity. The Mike Zaun skits capture him perfectly. When Patton is Patton, he's Robert E. Lee.

Local sports radio in the Bay Area stinks. And not just because they only discuss the Warriors, Giants and 49ers. They're boring as shit. Thank God for the radio App and the move to Fox Sports now let's me get Francesa again.

ESPN Radio is fantastic most of the time, but God help you if you tune in this time of year, because all you're likely to hear is the minutiae of how "according to sources" Carmelo's poop was a little looser than usual this morning so obviously he's going to sign with the Super Sonics today. Even though there is a major international sporting event going on (the major-est), in a three hour radio show they might talk about it for 3 minutes and spend the rest of the time speculating on which team some d-league scrub is going to sign for.

It's infuriating. When they actually have football or baseball to talk about it's just fine but they refuse to ever mention anything other than the big three sports, and college football when it's on. I tuned in during the hockey playoffs a few times and even though it was the final series of a major professional sports championship, it might have gotten a 30-second mention, in a "here's who won last night, now moving on" sort of way on every different radio show I heard (Mike & Mike, SVP & Russillo, The Herd, etc). I don't know whether that's a mandate from ESPN or they just hired a whole bunch of people who think that hockey has about as many viewers as professional lawn bowling :shrug:

Above all, despite all his many faults, Mike is professional. Sports talk has become too fraty and goofy for my liking. I don't care about your stupid man cave and if I wanted to listen to a dopey morning Zoo I'd do that.

That's part of why I hate Boomer and Carton. Is hard to take them serious at times. Not that it's bad to have fun, or be funny... but it has to come natural, not some hack radio jock played out bullshit that's been done a million times. And if I hear one more stupid parody song I'm going to vomit.

Mike and the Mad Dog were perfect together, because they balanced each other's faults. Neither is as good alone, but Francesa is much better solo than Russo.

Philly sports radio has never been worse. You can hardly find a rational thought, and we've got TWO fucking sports radio stations.

It's hard to top the Steve Czaban show for me these days. He's not ESPN but I thought I should point that out.

It's a good thing he didn't smoke a joint on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

YOU'RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

The worldwide leader with a riveting piece on the showering habits of the St. Louis Rams.

Earned a great Twitter rebuke from the Rams' Chris Long.

Awesome reply by Chris Long! Seriously ESPN. New low

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom