Espn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skip Bayless is a trending topic on The Twitter, which begs this question: uh, why?

I CAN'T STOP YELLING!!!!!

S_1016_TrentDilferCampbell16.jpg

I liked the late 90s Bucs team that had Dunn, Alstott, Sapp, Lynch, Brooks, etc. and Dilfer was their QB so he's always been alright with me. Haven't seen much of him as an analyst, though.

His love of "game managers" and the fact that he unapologetically looks like a penis make him a breath of fresh air among the talking heads.

I've enjoyed Dilfer's appearances so far.

Collinsworth is the best analyst as far as I'm concerned: he picks up on the little things and isn't afraid to be blunt, which I enjoy since most broadcasters tend to be apologists.

Speaking of blunt analysis, Merrill Reese's Eagles broadcast this past Sunday was absolutely fantastic. Macho Harris committed a 48-yard penalty on an interception return by obliterating a guy unnecessarily and then fumbled a kickoff, which led to a quick Broncos touchdown. Then, this:

"If I am Andy Reid, Macho Harris does not step foot on the field the rest of the game. I send Maclin out for this next kick ... Eagles fans, take a deep breath and cross your fingers, Macho Harris is back in for the return. Here's the kick, it's a high wobbler, five yards deep, Eldrick Buckley sprints to Harris, begs him to kneel down ... and he does so."

Hard. Hitting. Journalism:

Sources: Warner likely to retire
By Adam Schefter
ESPN

Arizona's next loss could mark the last time that quarterback Kurt Warner plays in an NFL game.

He always could change his mind, but this likely will be the 38-year-old Warner's final NFL season, according to sources close to the quarterback.

Warner has been voted to five Pro Bowls, won two NFL MVP awards, one Super Bowl and became the second quarterback in history to throw more than 100 touchdown passes for two NFL franchises.

Earlier this season, Warner suffered a concussion that raised questions about his future.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Yeah, that's the entire story.

In other news:

Sources: Cardinals May Win Super Bowl
By Adam Schefter
ESPN

Arizona's next loss would mark the last time that they play this NFL season.

They could always win out, but if they lose today it will be their final game, according to sources familiar with the NFL rule book.

Arizona who won 10 games and finished first in the NFC West, have a chance to win the Super Bowl if they are able to win the rest of their games.

Earlier this season, they suffered a loss to the Packers that raised questions about their future.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Michaels/Collinsworth are light years ahead of any other tandem.

I'm actually a Brian Billick fan, think he's a strong analyst, not sure what others or bloggers make of the guy, though. He'll be on the sidelines again, soon, though.

Gruden got worse and worse as far as I was concerned. Tirico and just Jaws would be a pretty good listen, but, that aint happening with Gruden now signed up for a few more years.

Theisman appearing in the booth yesterday shook me up, could never stand the guy. Gibbs giving him shit made me smile, though.

I used to like Matt Millen a lot, but, a lot of his credibility is shot, I feel, after his spectacular failure as a GM.

Why am I babbling about broadcasters?

I used to like Matt Millen a lot, but, a lot of his credibility is shot, I feel, after his spectacular failure as a GM.

You and the rest of Michigan. It's impossible for me to listen to that man. I don't think that most people understand just how spectacularly he failed in Detroit. His drafting record is something out of a science fiction novel.

You and the rest of Michigan. It's impossible for me to listen to that man. I don't think that most people understand just how spectacularly he failed in Detroit. His drafting record is something out of a science fiction novel.

I like Sci-Fi novels, for the record.

In his defense, hiring him was bat-shit crazy in the first place. Keeping him that long was even crazier. What, Ford needed a Federal bail-out????

I like around the horn and PTI.....but for the love of god,is there a more annoying guy than Dan LeBatard when he repace Wilbon???

He always screws up any games they play.

I caught The Onion's Sportsdome on Comedy Central before Jon Stewart tonight.
Was actually quite funny and very biting satirically at the absurdity of Sportscenter.
Check it out if you get a chance.

Checking back over this thread, I see some like-minded individuals around here.
Love sports and hate EPSN...well, at least the flavor of their coverage.
It's hard to ignore their sports monopoly and they do cover it pretty well. It's just how they choose to cover it.

I could go for days about what I don't like about ESPN. And yeah...yet I still watch.
What's the alternative? FOX does some things well...others, not so much - or not even close. Anyhow, by all fucking means, help me resurrect this thread.

I could go for days about what I don't like about ESPN. And yeah...yet I still watch.
What's the alternative? FOX does some things well...others, not so much - or not even close. Anyhow, by all fucking means, help me resurrect this thread.

How about Tom Jackson playing mind games with the Jets? What a joke.

ESPN needs to get egomaniacs like TJ and Berman out of there.

I missed what TJ did, what did he do?

Berman and his grating voice need to go. Not to mention his mannerisms. WOOP!
I can't believe I used to like him...but that was like 1995 or some shit.
He also fucking rambles. I can't believe someone that inarticulate hosts the main NFL show. The way he initiates subjects, he just talks and talks in nonsensical circles and holds out his hand and waits for one of the analysts to bail him out. Clueless.

One of these days I'm going to go on a rant in this thread that covers the whole network.

He picked the Jets to get killed against New England. Then Bart Scott called him out after the game, and he said he only picked against the Jets to motivate them. Then he backed off that.

Really, Bart Scott just scared the shit out of Tom Jackson.

As someone who is a 21-year-old American sports journalist, I can both be fascinated and completely understanding of the saga surrounding 22-year-old Sarah Phillips. I know how it happens. Stephen Glass isn't a warning shot. He's an archetype. We learned of him and scoffed, saying, "He should have made a better website" instead of saying he should not have duped every honest journalist he encountered. We take classes that are too difficult, that encourage us to learn how to smudge certain details. We read blogs run by non-journalism students, and sometimes they get cited by CBS Sports to say someone is dead. This is journalism in 2012. I understand it and hang my head by it, wondering how to navigate the valley of the dead.

Back
Top Bottom