Cricket Thread 303*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He batted really well. Got out to a very smart piece of bowling. We've got to stick with him now, which sucks for Maxwell, who made about 18 trillion runs in the Shield on the weekend and shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

b6a5b9b46573e02b7307369276a2802b

New Zealand are putting the Windies to the sword in Wellington. Grandhomme scored the second fastest Test century by a Kiwi (71 balls), and the fastest maiden Test century ever. And now local boy Blundell survived some serious nervous nineties to get a century on debut! Credit to Boult for holding up the other end too.

How the sweet fuck has Mitchell Marsh been recalled? Have they banked on the fact that because one Marsh has performed above expectations, the other will too?

Just an outrageous decision. Even though Shaun has done well so far, he was a bad selection, and Mitchell is clearly an even worse one.

I don't normally have much affection for Glenn Maxwell but given his form in the Shield I can see why his fans are very aggrieved.

Pretty simple: they want another quick to bowl as they're concerned about the workload for Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins. He's also in really good form with the bat.

I was not upset that Shaun Marsh was selected because he's a damn good player and he's paid plenty of dividends so far.

I was upset because older players like Ed Cowan and Klinger weren't getting Shield games because of their age; then SMarsh was picked for the Test side. That was what pissed me off.

Was hoping the Windies would put up a little more of a fight vs NZ, but good stuff from the Kiwis so far.

Neither Marsh should be in the national team. Plenty of more talented players, and if they're worried about bowler workload it's not as if Australia's short of bowling stocks that they have to fall back on a plodder like Mitch.

But on a positive note, how good was the first weekend of the WBBL! I didn't get to watch any of it but those team scores and individual knocks are quite something. Who knew professionalisation and proper support would lead to a rapid improvement in skills!

Anyone else just about completely tuned out of the Ashes?

Had a peek and saw Mitch Marsh made a century, for fuck's sake.

T20 is literally only good to watch when it's two sides making 180+. It's fucking garbage watching a procession of batsmen play shithouse shots to shithouse balls and get out.

Fuck off. The first two games of the BBL were better than literally everything that's happened in this Ashes series combined. Last night was still good. And tonight was hilarious with the Chunder giving up three wickets in an over AND the commentators still unable to pronounce Mitchell McClenaghan's name (who was definitely obstructed by the non-striker and deserved that wicket).

Good T20 is great; not doubting that, and tonight was the first one I'd been able to watch in full. I love having cricket on every night of the summer, it rules, and I'll keep watching. Just that tonight was shithouse. Somewhat comical at times but the second either batting team loses a couple of quick wickets it's over and pointless watching. McClenaghan, btw, made a fucking embarrassment of himself tonight in nearly everything he did.

Frankly right now I'd rather watch T20 than any other form of cricket. Fight me.

And Clenners took two wickets!

Tonight's nostalgia trip: playing Stick Cricket.

Geez I remember when I could smack a four or a six off practically any ball. Not now!

Novelty has worn off T20 for me. I'll have it on in the background if I'm home but don't look at often as I thought I might.

Long live competitive Tests with a narrative.

I hope you're all having a pleasant Boxing Day Test Eve and preparing yourself for England's inevitable embarrassment in tomorrow's sacred Test.

Terrific turnaround since for the Poms. I thought once Warner got his hundred we'd rack up 500+ and win by an innings again but England bowled really well today and it's pleased me greatly. Broad looked a completely different bowler. (Although it must be said three of the wickets were ugly chop-ons, more the result of a really slow and dead pitch and poor batting than good bowling. But they don't record that in the scorebooks!) And really enjoying Cook's innings at the moment. Not usually a great-looking batsman to watch, but he looks good.

Gerard Whateley has just announced a move from ABC to SEN. Great news for SEN but shocking stuff for ABC, who aren't even letting him call out the Sydney Test. :(

Gerard Whateley has just announced a move from ABC to SEN. Great news for SEN but shocking stuff for ABC, who aren't even letting him call out the Sydney Test. :(

Wow.

Though why can't some good commentators announce a move to Channel Nine so that watching the telly isn't like listening to your dumb racist uncles talk shit.

Nah, I don't think I've heard Warnie talk about how much he likes 'dirty rotten' Hawaiian pizza enough times just yet.

Australia sure needed another reason to appear arrogant and out of touch with reality.

Smith and Boof are going to have a tough time surviving this one, and frankly they shouldn't.

Hard to believe that they even thought they could get away with it, given how many cameras there are at any Test venue. Even harder to believe that not one person involved seems to have thought this was an irredeemably stupid idea.

Hahahaha fucking Cricket Australia wanting "more evidence".

The guys literally confessed, I think that's good enough.

Back
Top Bottom