College Football 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I got to watch UCF vs ECU and watch that fucking insane Hail Mary live as UCF took the AAC title with desperation.

Sadly I was holed up in a windowless room going 6 PM to 7 AM surviving the hardest class of my life -- flight mechanics. Root loci out the ass yo. Good news though is that I didn't fail the class and I live to see graduation next semester for another few days until Tuesday with high speed aerodynamics!

But... that play was INSANE given the implications.

Michigan ain't getting Harbaugh. They also ain't gettin Mullen, Freeze, Miles and Gary Moeller's Wife, Kelly, Dantonio, Stoops, Or anyone else

Will laugh stupidly when Michigan signs Cam Cameron.

Bwahahahahahah... deep breath... Bwahahahahahah... deep breath.. Bwahahahahah... fart.

Michigan ain't getting Harbaugh. They also ain't gettin Mullen, Freeze, Miles and Gary Moeller's Wife, Kelly, Dantonio, Stoops, Or anyone else

Will laugh stupidly when Michigan signs Cam Cameron.

Bwahahahahahah... deep breath... Bwahahahahahah... deep breath.. Bwahahahahah... fart.

Harbaugh will be announced as new UM head coach on 12/28. Press conference following Tuesday. I can absolutely guarantee it. I would bet money on it, but there has been such a huge sudden swing in Harbaugh to UM recently that they shut it down.

PS: I have real connections here. I have relatives up there and they know people who are way up there. The media is just feeding a massive head fake. My grandfather knows AD Jim Hackett personally.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sucks if it happens. Ohio State's loss at home to 6-6 VT looks much worse than TCU's road loss to Baylor. Not to mention the Big 12 was a stronger conference than the Big 10 this year. Plus I hate Urban Meyer.

I was initially very upset. I've been reading a lot of stats and opinions in the last few hours.

I'm still pretty upset, but feeling ever so slightly optimistic.

Either way, I think they lost out on the Rose Bowl, and that breaks my heart.

Three spots for winning :cute:

They enjoyed their ratings storyline to the end. Who cares who it hurt in the meanwhile.

They were probably always going to do this, but didn't it make for good TV in the meanwhile? :rolleyes:

Absolute travesty. ESPN is a disgrace and they can go f**k themselves. Hammering down TCU every week and propping up OSU and Baylor.
They're a bunch of scumbags. And this committee is corrupt as they come. Drop a team 3 spots for winning by 52? What a joke. The system is already broken. I'm not even a TCU fan and I'm pissed.

So who do you root for in a Nick Saban vs. Urban Meyer semifinal? I'm rooting for the Superdome to collapse.

Saban. Meyer can go f**k himself. I hate him as much as [insert certain unnamed politicians].

I'm so salty I ain't even watching (you know I will)

What I fucking hate is a system that encourages people to cheer for so many other school's defeat. What should I have cared if FSU or OSU won or lost yesterday? My school did it's part.

Every year since I started watching college football, it's been like this. TCU has just never been good enough for them. Winning isn't enough. You have to do it the way they want you to. First we were in a non-aq. Now it's because there's no championship game. It feels like there will be something else that keeps them out next time. I'm not even convinced going undefeated would've been enough.

So the big XII gets bullied into a conference championship game, but really, this is all the commish's fault. He knew they needed one. He wanted to push the system. I'm sure he didn't see this coming, but now it did, and that embarrassment should fall solely on him for shooting his mouth off about how the Big XII doesn't NEED a championship game and how they felt no need to expand the conference. Kindly go fuck yourself, sir.

Who should the BigXII add?
Houston or Tulsa, maybe? Just as bottom feeders, obviously. But it would at least make them eligible for a conf champ game. Arkansas would be a nice fit, but I doubt they'd leave the SEC. But the west is so strong that they might entertain the idea.
Notre Dame could also be a wildcard. They'll be forced to join a conf at some point and while the B1G is an obvious perfect fit, ND is a program that likes to piss everyone off and id be shocked if they joined. They'll break that ACC contract soon enough because that's the way ND rolls.
They might consider the Big 12 because they can hold a lot of leverage in the conference like Texas does, and ND loves having leverage and power and they don't wanna give up their NBC rights and they would structure a contract to keep their NBC rights. And the Big12 is just so desperate that they would probably allow it.

But Baylor KState was also a championship game, not that anyone seems to want to talk about that, up top. The winner was Big XII co-champion. I think this would sit better with me if Baylor had been in, but Idk. Falling three spots hurts no matter what.

Who should the BigXII add?
Houston or Tulsa, maybe? Just as bottom feeders, obviously. But it would at least make them eligible for a conf champ game. Arkansas would be a nice fit, but I doubt they'd leave the SEC. But the west is so strong that they might entertain the idea.
Notre Dame could also be a wildcard. They'll be forced to join a conf at some point and while the B1G is an obvious perfect fit, ND is a program that likes to piss everyone off and id be shocked if they joined. They'll break that ACC contract soon enough because that's the way ND rolls.

No question in my mind that one of the two teams is BYU. I know BYU wants to be in the Pac-12, but I just don't see it happening.

If Houston hadn't just joined another conference, I'd before optimistic, but we've seen enough shuffles lately to know that doesn't really matter.

Fwiw, I would like Houston to be in. I like that school.

But Baylor KState was also a championship game, not that anyone seems to want to talk about that, up top. The winner was Big XII co-champion. I think this would sit better with me if Baylor had been in, but Idk. Falling three spots hurts no matter what.

You got screwed by Urban Meyer. The man has more power than you think. Just like in 2006 where every SEC school ranked UM 10th in the final polls and dropped them from 2nd to 3rd in the BCS rankings and they trailed UF by just 3 points in the rankings. Had the coaches voted like they should have, there would've been UM-OSU rematch. But OSU put up such a dud in the champ game that people forget about that. We kicked UF's a** the next year, though when we were huge underdogs. So we got some payback.

I did when my school's division got snubbed from the picture. The former system got us into a game the media never would've allowed.

Now it's just further limitation. This has reinforced the circle jerk of elitism.

The problem with college ball is the same as its strength: an abundance of programs defined by their regionalism. To me, what this committee system has done is place more importance on the narratives that we use to define the season at hand. Florida State is undefeated but doesn't "look" the part while 1-loss schools like Bama and Oregon show "gutty" close wins.

The four teams that got in deserve to be there. Sampling four schools out of 160+ when a compelling case can be made for at least 8-10 of 'em is close to impossible. One of the Power Five conferences not having a championship game is a detriment to judging them against other conferences, especially when the SEC and ACC manage 14-team schedules against the Big 12's 10-teamer. The head-to-head game against TCU/Baylor matters less because they're "co-champs;" that same snafu has dogged teams throughout the traditional poll era and way into the BCS era.

Plus, the Big 12 was extremely top-heavy with Baylor, TCU, and K State... not ready to lump an inconsistent Oklahoma team in that top-tier. By comparison, the ACC has more bowl-eligible teams (11) than Big 12 members, one of which is in the CFP and other is in a New Year's Bowl... but "conventional wisdom" says that the ACC is a weaker conference because narratives are fun.

If FSU "finds a way to win" against Oregon I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

Back
Top Bottom