College Football 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an irrational hatred for teams that declare independence because of television contracts. I don't really know why, it's just business, but I find it really douchey and arrogant and always hope they fail.

I have an irrational hatred for teams that declare independence because of television contracts. I don't really know why, it's just business, but I find it really douchey and arrogant and always hope they fail.

Fair enough. I can understand that.

I feel bad for TCU. They just got fucked by Syracuse and Pitt joining the ACC. Big East is mostly likely dead (at least in football) with UConn and Rutgers also rumored to leave, and WV to the SEC. The Big East may be dead before TCU plays one game as a Big East member.

BYU will be fucked too if/when it goes to four 16 team superconferences and it results in a playoff. They might as well be 1AA or FCS at that point. No one to schedule. No access to big bowls (if they exist at all) No chance at a championship.

Utah is the real winner in all of this, gaining Pac-12(16) membership.

You get to irrationally be a UCF fan with me next week then :p

Fair enough. I can understand that.

I feel bad for TCU. They just got fucked by Syracuse and Pitt joining the ACC. Big East is mostly likely dead (at least in football) with UConn and Rutgers also rumored to leave, and WV to the SEC. The Big East may be dead before TCU plays one game as a Big East member.

BYU will be fucked too if/when it goes to four 16 team superconferences and it results in a playoff. They might as well be 1AA or FCS at that point. No one to schedule. No access to big bowls (if they exist at all) No chance at a championship.

Utah is the real winner in all of this, gaining Pac-12(16) membership.

Honestly, at this point, I'm almost wondering if they can't just go ahead and stay in the MWC :lol:

If BYU and TCU had stayed, adding in Fresno, Nevada and Boise, plus that (rumored?) Hawaii edition, I don't see why they couldn't be just as good as the Big East in football at least. If Utah had stayed as well? No doubt in my mind.

The Pac-12 has decided not to expand. The Alignment Missile Crisis has come to a close for now.

It appears the sticking point was Texas again.

This is good news as a BYU fan; the general consensus has been that BYU will be added as the 10th member of the Big 12 if it survives.

I, for one, welcome our new Texas overlords. :wink:

Since the Big Ten hasn't been 10 in decades.

This is good news as a BYU fan; the general consensus has been that BYU will be added as the 10th member of the Big 12 if it survives.

So then does the Big 12 become the Big Ten? :wink:

So then does the Big 12 become the Big Ten? :wink:

Yeah at this point, the Big 12 and Big 10 should swap names. I guess its more about brand identity than if the number of teams actually matches the number in your conference name.

FWiW, I've heard the Big 12 has the trademark to Big 14 and Big 16, if they ever expand that large.

SEC and ACC went about it the right way, not including a number in their name.

Woo, time to lose even more games than we are now!

Mrs. Garrison said:
somehow the red river rivalry just became even more intriguing

We've played more freshmen than any other FBS team. Don't let your MNC hopes be dashed by a bunch of youngins.

Well, Notre Dame seems to be trying for the most turnovers in a season record. To date they have committed 15 turnovers in 14 quarters. At what point to you put in Dayne Crist?

USC v ASU should be a good one. Lots of talking which is unusual to see out of USC. We shall see if Burfict can keep from making stupid decisions. I'm glad it's a late game since the high is supposed to be 105 today, by 7 it should be down to like 98 or something.

bengal.gif

Back
Top Bottom