College Basketball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Thought we should just have one designated college hoops thread since the other one says 2016 in the title.

Anyway, let's talk about college hoops every once in a while. Maybe this thread will reach 1000 posts by the end of the decade.

Also, the Illini are back.

I honestly have zero idea what went down this season, outside of the aforementioned passing knowledge of IU's season. I'm going to fill out a bracket anyways, though.

Just a total guess, but I went with Baylor over Gonzaga in the final.

Would be happy for GAF if Illini won it all

While my bracket is toast I've done quite well on the gambling side, starting with Saturday night.

Cashed in a 7 team full region parlay (the 8th team was VCU, which was cancelled) Saturday.

I'm actually in the top 40 of a 1500 person pool - but with a finalist already eliminated my odds of finishing in the top 10 and cashing out are slim to none, and slim plays in the Big 10.

Biggest joke is Iowa athletics continuing to offer contract extensions to coaches who accept and perform at a mediocre level.

Kirk Ferentz isn't a bad coach when it comes to developing talent, but Big10 football minus tOSU and PSU sometimes is weak, and he can't win the division more than once a decade.

Fran McCaffrey isn't a bad coach either, especially considering Big10 conference in basketball is a little stronger. But he's yet to advance far in conference tourney, and yet to produce a Sweet 16. And this while producing all big 10, and all americans nearly every other year.

It probably is with Gary Barta as AD.

I'm just amazed in his 11+ years he hasn't been able to recruit an athletic guard. He's done very well at every other position.

That and he hasn't figured out how to teach defense.

Back
Top Bottom