College Basketball 2012-2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My schedule has preclude me from watching a single game this season I am jazzed as the dickens tonight is the night that ends

Basketball-Upset.jpg

I lost my goddamn shoe storming the court. That was so fucking great.

Four years and never being able to storm the court, and we beat the fourth ranked team in the country. With Trey Burke (DID YOU KNOW HE WAS COMMITTED TO PENN STATE? THEY ONLY SAY IT EVERY GODDAMN BROADCAST) making critical errors. In the last home game I am attending as an undergrad.

It doesn't get much better than that.

I went to google to find out more about this event, and Penn State journalism delivered from the very first sentence:

It was the first time Penn State beat a top-five team at home for the first time since a 74-63 win over No. 5 Purdue on Feb. 21, 1998.

I lost my goddamn shoe storming the court. That was so fucking great.

Four years and never being able to storm the court, and we beat the fourth ranked team in the country. With Trey Burke (DID YOU KNOW HE WAS COMMITTED TO PENN STATE? THEY ONLY SAY IT EVERY GODDAMN BROADCAST) making critical errors. In the last home game I am attending as an undergrad.

It doesn't get much better than that.

The fourth ranked team in the country, who's been playing like total shit lately.

Have fun.

Valparaiso is shitting themselves on espn. I go to this fucking school. 18 turnovers with 13 minutes to go and they've choked away an 11 point halftime lead. We were one game away from the tournament last year too before Detroit spanked us.

We've beaten Wright State twice already this season and have them at home. This is pathetic.

Edit: 21 turnovers. There's very audible booing now. This game is happening 5 minutes from my house, I should go join them.

Oh man, Wright State shit themselves last. A 17-4 run from Valparaiso at the end sealed it. What a trainwreck (25 turnovers with a season average of 14), but at least we're in. First time in nearly a decade. I don't get to talk about my school much because our athletics are a joke, but this is pretty cool.

They mentioned and replayed it tonight more times than I can count.

Drew is also their coach now. So yeah, that's about as much as anyone needs to know about Valpo.

Fun fact about Penn State: there are at least three teams in the tournament who have key pieces that transferred or de-committed from Penn State. Michigan has Trey Burke, Iowa State has Chris Babb and Iona has Tre Bowman.

I really do hope Patrick succeeds here. He's got the coaching ability and the recruiting ability to make a significant push for relevance. If he can't do it, I'm not sure anyone will be able to.

Good for Valpo :up:

I remember the Bryce Drew shot vividly. What the clip that peef posted doesn't show, that I remember maybe most of all, is the move that Drew makes after the shot went in. That front-first dive he does on the court.

Illinois is going to win the title.

Yeah the full video of Drew with the celebration is great to watch., but it is clearly the only thing people know about Valpo. Come tournament time it's all the commentators talk about :lol:.

Hahaha, you realize were a 100% lock to make the tournament right? And, if we beat Minnesota in the B1G tournament tomorrow we'll probably get a 6 or a 7 seed?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OUCH!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say 100% lock. If things go reasonably according to plan in the conference tourneys, Illinois is in, but if enough of the Liberty's of the world somehow gain automatic bids in the next few days, anything is possible.

Just got back from the Bucknell/Lafayette game. Pretty fun, that's the first post-season NCAA game I've ever been to. Not sure how far they can make it in the tourney but will be interesting, Muscala is indeed a game changer.

Curious to know what you hoops heads here think of Bucknell's chances this year, or their team/coaching in general..are they the proverbial "small school that could" kindof story?

Back
Top Bottom