Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Title. :up: Nice to hear it seems Barassi went well, too. You're doing well good.

Collingwood off the top, West Coast beat Freo, everything is right with the world again.

Yeah, kinda wish it wasn't such a shit paper, but it's better than nothing I spose. :)

I'm annoyed that people are saying it was a "strategic loss" by the Pies, that they're in the better position now cos they don't have to deal with the "undefeated" tag... We won let us bask!

Collingwood off the top, West Coast beat Freo, everything is right with the world again.

Haha, no shit.

I'm annoyed that people are saying it was a "strategic loss" by the Pies, that they're in the better position now cos they don't have to deal with the "undefeated" tag... We won let us bask!

:lmao: People are actually saying that? God almighty that's the worst excuse for a loss I've ever heard.

While you're at it can you gift us the 4 points next Sunday? Please?

Just out of curiosity, since I've no idea where to look for this sort of stat, during a game over the weekend I was wondering what team has had the most inaccurate kicking, and conversely who has been most accurate. By which I mean, has anybody ever managed to finish a game with stats as bad as, for example, 1.19? Or as good as 17.0? I'm familiar with the infamous 0.1.1 record low score, but not who has kicked the most behinds for the least goals (as in my 1.19 example), or vice versa. Anybody know or have a clue where I'd find this sort of thing?

/idle-curiosity

Inaccurate:

Fitzroy 0.6 1.13 1.19 2.27 39
Geelong 4.3 8.5 15.7 19.8 122 Corio Oval 1928

Accurate:

St Kilda 8.1 10.2 15.2 18.2 110
Essendon 5.3 7.7 10.9 15.10 100 M.C.G. 1994

Most Behinds:

Hawthorn 5.11 10.24 15.32 25.41 191
St Kilda 2.0 10.3 11.5 16.7 103 Princes Park 1977

Thanks Daniel. 2.27? Holy shit! And I love how Essendon almost beat the Saints in that 1994 match despite how accurate the Saints were. Where do you find that sort of info?

Ah cool, thanks for the link.

And I posted before the edit with most behinds - wow. :lol:

Oh yay, Jobe Watson's out for 2-3 weeks. How many more injuries do you want, Essendon? :sigh:

Took a while to remember its existence. :lol: Would be nice if we had a few more regulars.

I more or less memorised a footy stats book back when I was about ten or eleven, been a while though, haha. I'll probably accidentally spend the rest of the evening looking through the AFL tables site.

haha doing year 12 man hardly have time to be on here these days :wink:

I spent more of year 12 on here than off.

Somehow topped four of my subjects despite that, so there's hope for all school-age Blue Crackheads yet. :wink:

Good to see you back uv92.

The Sad Punk said:
I more or less memorised a footy stats book back when I was about ten or eleven, been a while though, haha. I'll probably accidentally spend the rest of the evening looking through the AFL tables site.

Haha so did I. I used to spend two hours with monday's sport liftout. I picked a team in every league in the state, and highlighted who was leading at the end of each quarter for every game. All this while i was running my own football league (the aptly titled "Daniel's AFL", or the DAFL). No wonder I never had any friends :lol:

Axver said:
I spent more of year 12 on here than off.

Somehow topped four of my subjects despite that, so there's hope for all school-age Blue Crackheads yet. :wink:

Yeah, but you are a freak :wink:

Haha so did I. I used to spend two hours with monday's sport liftout. I picked a team in every league in the state, and highlighted who was leading at the end of each quarter for every game. All this while i was running my own football league (the aptly titled "Daniel's AFL", or the DAFL). No wonder I never had any friends :lol:

Oh god, this is bringing back memories of some of the total-loner-with-wacky-interests things that I did, and rest assured they were on things far less exciting and popular than footy.

*cough*railways*cough*

My favourite hobby used to be creating my own street directories with all these imaginary roads and ridiculous street names.

Speaking of street directories I also used to make up my own metropolitan football leagues based on the red pages of the melways. Every suburb that had an oval had a team.

I'm really not kidding. I used to commentate my own football matches, day and night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom