Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See the Bombers fly down! down!
To fall out of the top eight!

:sigh:

Up until yesterday, I thought the recent losses were just a bad spell in the season and that we'd recover some momentum and probably at least make it to the first week of the finals. Now? I think it's pretty clear the wheels have fallen off after such a damn good start to the season. We're going to get slaughtered by Hawthorn next week! Doesn't help that North Melbourne are on the ascendancy; ninth as of last night?!

And that St Kilda vs Geelong game last night actually proved to be fairly decent. If the Saints hadn't had such a wretched second quarter, that could've gone down to the wire. I'm just glad they didn't get blown totally off the park.

Down five 20 minutes in? Fuck us. Fuck the whole damned sport and everything it represents. I don't need this shit. I don't need our coach's shit. Fuck the world. Fuck. /Vlad

Carlton shouldn't be up by this much, but Sydney is just hideously inaccurate.

Holy shit, Freo.

Taking the foot off the gas up by 40 now, but the point is made: great win, and now that we're only 2 points away from catching Collingwood, next week's challenging home match against West Coast is of utmost importance. I'm far more afraid of the Eagles than the Swans: Sydney just can't score right now. I certainly like the Magpies over the Swans by a large amount next week, even on the road.

Travis, looking forward to playing your side in a week. Keep in mind that I hate Carlton with the power of a thousand suns, but I'll probably tip them anyway.

The Sad Punk said:
Travis, looking forward to playing your side in a week. Keep in mind that I hate Carlton with the power of a thousand suns, but I'll probably tip them anyway.

West Coast has let down a few times this year at key moments, but otherwise, I think they're a pretty damn strong team, the best one we've faced since Geelong, most assuredly. I like our odds with Kreuzer playing his best footy right after surgery for whatever reason, but it should be a very good one.

Chris Scott is the only answer, as is picking Geelong or Geelong players for every single question, because we are just ridiculously good.

Hawthorn will be without Roughead and Franklin this week. Essendon may actually get within 25 rather than 50! :happy:

Yeah, indeed. Seemed to happen everytime he played against Freo, he got concussed.

Thought I'd do my picks now.

Hawthorn vs Essendon :(
Gold Coast vs Dogs (really hard to pick)
Richmond please vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Collingwood
Freo vs Lions
Geelong vs Sorry, Vlad
Carlton vs Weagles
Port vs North Melbourne

Hawthorn vs Essendon
Gold Coast vs Dogs
Richmond vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Collingwood
Freo vs Lions
Geelong vs Vladelaide
Carlton vs Eagles
Port vs North Melbourne

Is it bad that I think Port could still be a fairly decent side if they just got their confidence up? They had a pretty brilliant stretch in the third quarter against us.

Hawthorn vs Essendon
Gold Coast vs Dogs
Richmond vs Melbourne
Sydney vs Collingwood
Freo vs Lions
Geelong vs Vladelaide
Carlton vs Eagles
Port vs North Melbourne

Is it bad that I think Port could still be a fairly decent side if they just got their confidence up? They had a pretty brilliant stretch in the third quarter against us.

Eh, maybe but very unlikely. They've a pretty weak list but are capable of putting a strong quarter in every match or so. I think your third quarter had more to do with you since that was the second week running you let a team come back in the third quarter. So I think it's more about your guys than the opponent. Still a fantastic team to watch when up and running, attractive game style.

Dogs
Richmond
Collingwood
Freo
Geelong
Carlton
North Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom