Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt dirty for trying to troll it. :lol: What radio coverage are you listening to, may I ask? If it's Triple M you're bound to have entertaining coverage.

I don't even know which one I was following, but I found the commentators to be quite thorough at least that time. I know if you click "listen" it gives you a few options, I'll see if Triple M is one.

Meanwhile...my phone lied to me, the game's not on for 20 more minutes :depressed:

Ohhhhh. I was convinced that you were listening in to the Pies/Saints match. Little did I know Brisbane/Sydney is on at around the same time. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get Triple M since they're covering the former match.

nrl is awfully like the nfl, but the games take less time and are more brutal.

I thought you said it was Rugby. :eyebrow:. I guess they're all kind of similar.

I'm confused because the sport is always getting brought up in here, so I thought it was some competitive Aussie Rules league or something. Add to that the lack of posts in the thread for the sport, and you have a confused Ashley.

And there's no body armor.

But then again you couldn't pay me to watch a full game. It's just so dreadfully boring to me (likewise the few times I watched NFL and Baseball on ONE).

I thought you said it was Rugby. :eyebrow:. I guess they're all kind of similar.

I'm confused because the sport is always getting brought up in here, so I thought it was some competitive Aussie Rules league or something. Add to that the lack of posts in the thread for the sport, and you have a confused Ashley.

It is rugby, Ashley.

Ah ... yeah. Just noticed the score on the AFL site. Still early days though!

It's just that all of the momentum is on the Swans, they're absolutely destroying. The Lions just can't keep their hands on the ball and are converting the times they get it into nothing.

rugby league is massively different from rugby union. you've basically got so many downs/tackles before you need to force another set of tackles or kick.

nrl.com should have live video for you!

FWIW, I prefer Rugby Union and can somehow get behind it while watching. It just seems that little bit more exciting.

it's rugby, but without playing to try to kick a penalty goal. the goal is to score tries.

Yeah.

It's just that all of the momentum is on the Swans, they're absolutely destroying. The Lions just can't keep their hands on the ball and are converting the times they get it into nothing.

:(

Keep the faith, AFL games are capable of turning on their heads quite effortlessly, it only takes one passage of play.

FWIW, I prefer Rugby Union and can somehow get behind it while watching. It just seems that little bit more exciting.

i really, really want to enjoy union. it's got the right ideas, but it just misses for reasons i can't adequately describe.

and it's got nothing to do with my disdain for the rugby wankery that goes on in nz. it's just such a negative sport.

if it was anything like a true attempt to score tries, then yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom