Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, pretty much everyone here, and in WA, thought the Victoria vs Everyone Else game was a less than swell idea. I think an East (Victoria, Tassie, QLD and NSW) vs West (SA, WA, NT) game would have been better, or the standard Vic, SA, WA and Allies competition.

Shit. Missed Angry Boys. Ah well. Good defence from qld.

The Sad Punk said:
With all due respect, pretty much everyone here, and in WA, thought the Victoria vs Everyone Else game was a less than swell idea.

Please. :wink:

That one a few years ago was a huge let down, I agree. The best State of Origin format was the carnival held in '93.

Vic def NSW
SA def WA

With the winners playing off in a final.

Meanwhile QLD and Tassie played a match between each other that same weekend as the VIC-NSW and SA-WA matches.

The next carnival should be:

Vic vs WA
SA vs TAS

With NSW vs QLD in their own separate match.

A fortnight of state representative action. What an exciting prospect it would be.

I'm not doubting the fact State of Origin used to be awesome - but you can't deny that that actual Vic/Rest game itself was fucking awesome. It was a magnificent game of football.

cobl04 said:
I'm not doubting the fact State of Origin used to be awesome - but you can't deny that that actual Vic/Rest game itself was fucking awesome. It was a magnificent game of football.

Well, I did watch it but can't i can't remember any of it for the life of me

Carlton
Sydney
Geelong
Richmond (although Port are much more familiar with playing in Darwin, it's like a home game, could be a chance)
Carringbush
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Adelaide

Danny why did pendles only sign for 1 year? Is that why you're so confident he's going?

Carlton
North
Freo
Geelong by 275
Richmond
Adelaide
Collingwood
Hawthorn

Carlton
Sydney
Fremantle
Geelong (New GC stadium looks awesome by the way)
Richmond
Adelaide
Collingwood
Hawthorn

Carlton
North Melbourne
St.Kilda
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
Collingwood
Hawthorn

Danny why did pendles only sign for 1 year? Is that why you're so confident he's going?

Pretty much. Same goes for Travis Cloke, who is signed to the end of next year. Why not build up your value. I mean its great for the player, but shithouse for the club. The only positive for the Pies is perhaps it builds up some cap space to sign the other guys like Sidebottom, Beams ect ect.

So excited. This is the first game we're actually going to get to watch on TV.

too bad it's on at 5 AM :crack:. We'll see what happens.

Everyone seems to be tipping them. I'm just really glad to finally be able to watch a game, that's for sure.

Melbourne vs Carlton
North vs Sydney
Freo vs St Kilda
Gold Coast vs Geelong
Richmond vs Port
Adelaide vs Brisbane
Collingwood vs West Coast
Dogs vs Hawthorn

edit: Ah, fuck it. Buddy to kick 7.

One of the worst offensive games imaginable for Melbourne. And I had no idea Carlton could be this bad. The commentators are so frustrated. Closing statement before the half:

"I can't promise the second half will be any better, but it's hard to be much worse."

Just really glad to finally be watching the Blues on my television right now. I'm having a lot of fun, incompetent performances aside.

"Carlton...they've been average tonight. But average got them 5 goals in front."

Kind of sums it up. Unless your life depends on watching every moment of Melbourne/Carlton footy, you're not missing shit. There was a bobbled mark just now that looked straight out of Three Stooges; it was easily picked up by Carlton with one shove and converted into a goal within seconds.

As sloppy as Carlton has been tonight, Chris Judd has really brought it, which I suppose is to be expected. Playing his ass off in spite of injury.

The wet weather definitely does effect the quality of the gameplay. I am usually quite fond of wet weather football, but from the small portion of this game that I saw (on an hours delay) I didn't seem all too exciting.

Hard to follow up a friday night such as last week's blockbuster.

That was a pretty boring game of footy, yeah. We (djerdap, Charlotte, me) spent the whole time pretty much just drinking rather than watching it.

I will admit to playing LA Noire rather than watching what seemed to be Norwood vs Sturt, bar the odd flip over to 7 to see how boring the scoreline was.

A win is a win. We turned it on as soon as I went to bed, which is all for the best.

The games ESPN 3 is offering us this weekend: Geelong/Gold Coast, Collingwood/West Coast. I am all over the latter. It's at midnight, so I can actually enjoy that one in its entirety.

I feel like a small child who's finally been permitted to stay up late for some big event (New Years) and under all the pressure/excitement, falls asleep before they ever get to enjoy it.

In other words, I fell asleep ten minutes into the game finally working on the TV.

That was a pretty boring game of footy, yeah. We (djerdap, Charlotte, me) spent the whole time pretty much just drinking rather than watching it.

djerdap lives in Australia and likes AFL? I did not know this. :ohmy:

Collingwood/West Coast. I am all over the latter. It's at midnight, so I can actually enjoy that one in its entirety.

Oh yes, you've got yourself a good one here. Providing West Coast are not scared of playing Melbourne anymore. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom