Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No parking. Simple as that. Plus if you're at Windy Hill, Glenferrie or Whitten now that some stands have been torn down, you kick the ball with any sort of force and it gets lost. I think Princes Park could work though, but it seems off the cards.

There's more parking at TEAC Oval in Port Melbourne than there is at Glenferrie.

Bonnie, did you know Josh Kennedy is missing today because Dean Cox threw a tennis ball at him and he got what is effectively a corky in his eye? Dr Smooth also says Nicky Nat needs a shoulder reco.

No parking. Simple as that. Plus if you're at Windy Hill, Glenferrie or Whitten now that some stands have been torn down, you kick the ball with any sort of force and it gets lost. I think Princes Park could work though, but it seems off the cards.

There's more parking at TEAC Oval in Port Melbourne than there is at Glenferrie.

That doesn't really answer my question about how it's any more logistically difficult than it was 30 years ago, though. It's not as if car ownership in 1981 was unheard-of and has suddenly exploded since the suburban grounds were abandoned. Clearly they managed it somehow back then. And a lack of carparking can be easily spun these days as an incentive to get people off the roads and onto public transport.

And I'm not saying host the big games at suburban grounds anyway. Just the ones that are poor draws. It's overkill to have some games that pull about 10,000-20,000 at Etihad. The amount of people who're interested in going to any game against Port in Melbourne could probably be carried on two trams. :wink:

The destruction of infrastructure is obviously a severe handicap these days though. I'm just not sure what the rationale is to focus exclusively on using two grounds. It's only because Melbourne's so footy mad that it hasn't severely dented the spirit of the game, given that "home" and "away" is now a meaningless tag for about half the games any Melbourne team plays per season.

A thrashing of DIABOLICAL proportions is on the cards here. Geelong leading by 96 before half time, they've kicked 17 FRIGGIN' GOALS ALREADY. It's not even half time omg!111

And on a comparatively lesser scale the Eagles are crushing the Bulldogs.

Holy crap, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom