Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
58 unanswered points! We're mailing it in now though, as always. Our 4th quarters are shit.

Essendon's defense is baaaaaad. They can put up some serious points, but they'll only break even the way they're playing.

I got home and thought "hey, we got through Tulla so quickly that we'll be home in time for at least a full quarter of footy!" Turn on the telly to hear that Essendon were down by just seven at half-time and had been blown away in the third. Thanks for the welcome home, Bombers. :madspit:

Also, holy shit, one of the Blues made a mark to rival Naitanui's screamer as mark of the year. That was epic.

One point win to the Eagles! And apparently Ballantyne hit the post after the siren!

That means that because Collingwood couldn't fucking win by 60 or more my multi went down. I got every other leg. Fuck!!!

Only black magic can save Nicky Nat now. Did he kick the goal? Also, lol at Ax's "is that you at :15" comment

At the risk of sounding biased, I don't think any of the marks taken this year are way ahead of the pack. Walker's was brilliant in how pure it was, Naitanui's and Pettard's were brilliant because of the chaos of the pack around them and the fact they were outstretched marks. And I don't think an ethnicity bonus will help Naitanui, since Walker is part aboriginal himself. ;)

Ooooh I didn't know that. I think elevation is a huge factor though - remember Gary Moorcroft shitted it in a few years ago.

Jeez Eddie Betts was awesome last night and still Judd was clear best on.

Yeah, absolutely. Moorcroft's is my favourite mark of all time, it wasn't just beautiful to watch, it was unique and dangerous. I could watch that Essendonian mystique for hours.

Carlton are really building up some momentum. They definitely have the sheer talent to go all the way, but it'll be interesting to see where they end up no matter what.

Jesus our kicking is nasty. That will be our undoing.

Walker > Natanui

Walker's ride down is reminiscent of one of my favourite grabs, Brett Allison in '91.

My favourite, outside of God's, is one taken by an aboriginal player I'm forgetting just this second. It was North vs Port, it was at Canberra, about 10 years ago, and it was a morning game.

Abraham Winston is who I'm thinking of. Mark of the Year 1998. Not nearly as good as I remembered it, watching it on youtube.

On my phone so I'll watch those tomorrow, but remember the days when teams atop the ladder didn't drop only or two games for the year? Seems so long ago...

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

Neil Craig has resigned effective immediately. Couldn't believe my eyes when I read it on my FB news feed, expected him to go at the end of the season at the very least. I'm in shock.

I respect him for the fact that he walked, and wasn't pushed, as so many times he had said before. Mark Bickley will be the caretaker coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom