Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I don't have to get worked up anymore. Carlton is making the finals, but we're not getting past round 1. The Blues are maybe ever-so-slightly better than last year, but I don't have a good feeling about our young players, who seem utterly incapable of winning when a game matters/when there's the slightest challenge involved. Carlton is a pack of crybabies with two or three "great" players who show up to pad their stats when we're already up double or triple digits against shithouse teams but can't rally the troops when it counts (I'm talking about you, Judd).

Dull night of footy otherwise.

Judd hasn't got many taking votes off him, so he's a likely winner, but maybe this year will be the year where 6 or 7 players will tie for it. Certainly not too preposterous a possibility. It will happen one day.

Checking in from NZ.

LAST WEEK
1. Good stuff, Bombers! Glad our season's back on track ... and we got revenge on the Tigers for that loss earlier this season.
2. HOLY SHIT WEST COAST! That's awesome stuff. Bonnie, glad you could enjoy the feeling I enjoyed in the previous week. :wink:
3. I know I hang shit on North Melbourne all the time, but oh my god, what sins did they commit to deserve that caning from Collingwood? I absolutely DREAD Essendon's game against the Pies at the end of this month.
4. Also, poor Gold Coast. Just when you think they might be getting OK, look what happens ...
5. Western Bulldogs did WHAT?!

Picks for the coming round:

Adelaide vs Essendon
Richmond vs Gold Coast in a quasi-thriller as the Suns bounce back yet again and play half a game of quality footy
Carlton vs Collingwood
St Kilda vs West Coast
Melbourne vs lol
Sydney vs Freo
Lions vs Geelong oh dear!
North Melbourne vs Bulldogs

Allan Jeans died! :(

bonnie - 5/93
cobl04 - 5/90
inte - 7/89 - tipped 'em all
vlad - 6/89
axver - 5/85
danny - x/85

Essendon. Collingwood. Richmond. St Kilda but shit I'd love to see WC win. Melbourne by 750. Sydney. Geelong. Dogs.

My God, it didn't occur to me we were facing Hawthorne and Geelong back to back.

Will the carnage never end?

StK
Collingwood
Geelong
Gold Coast (our confidence is shot after the past two devastating losses, and it's a tough road trip)
Essadon
Melbourne
Sydney
Footscray

Sad to see Jeans pass away. I didn't even know he was unwell, I thought he was just reclusive. One of the great coaches

Not sure if you're a HP fan lemel, but you need to see this!

5988.png

cobl04 said:
Not sure if you're a HP fan lemel, but you need to see this!

Hahaha this cheers me up as I face Carlton's depressing fate this week:

Essendon
Collingwood (and how!)
Richmond
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney
Geelong
Western

Is West Coast beating St Kilda not quite as likely as I think? I mean, god the Eagles look good right now, while St Kilda, uh, about them ...

And to think it couldn't get any worse ...

The sadder thing is that you could easily see it coming at half time.

Oh man is that a tie into 4Q I see? Glad to know that the Friday game is still going on when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom