Another 2011 AFL thread - still pretending GWS is all just a bad dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the Richmond result is just depressing. I thought they'd at least get within 30-40 of Carlton. Not fucking ONE HUNDRED AND THREE.

Meanwhile, Gold Coast seem capable of playing half a game of footy now, but still not a full game.

Here's to the Pies knocking off Hawthorn to momentarily place us back in third.

Ah, now this shows up you have not been fully educated in footy. Nobody, I repeat nobody, who supports a team other than Collingwood (especially a fan of their arch-enemy, Carlton!) ever hopes Collingwood will win. At least not without profuse statements of regret. :wink:

I realize. Collingwood fans are supposedly useless mounds of rubbish, but I'm obviously shielded from that.

I am very tired of every "average everyday bloke" in AFL commercials being a Collingwood fan though. It's pretty pathetic that their club is being whored out that way when they hardly need more supporters.

SEE THE BOMBERS FLY UP! UP!

Oh my fucking god WHAT A GAME.

Fuck off cunts

You mean the Geelong players? :wink:

Holy shit I can't even believe that happened. About time something went our way! That was fucking spectacular.

PS Woooaaahhh Vladelaide! :ohmy:

Can't see us losing we are just that good.

:panic:

My picks are awful, but I'm just fine with that. Also: Sydney blows.

Damn it, I'm not even kidding, I was going to pick Essendon. Oh wellz. Glad to see them lose, not because i dislike them, but I just hate any season with an undefeated team (unless it's college football).

Oh, and fuck you Adelaide, you're supposed to lose so Brisbane can at least finish above (tied for) dead last :tsk:

Wait, what, Geelong lost?

Damn straight we did! Probably should've been by more too. Amazing game; I've never been so nervous for the duration of a footy game. Didn't actually think we had the stamina to hold on for all four quarters, especially as we kept up our theme of copping injuries.

Welcome to loser-ville Danny. All is not lost, Geelong has probably moved out to $2.75 to win the flag, where as Essendon may have moved into $10 :wink:

At least you lost to a good team :wink:

Thank god I had one of my best mate's 21sts and was too blind to care too much.

Some bloke put a million on Cats to win.

Brizbinn/Port game is surprisingly competent. Also, I keep reading

BL
PORT

As BORT, which adds to my enjoyment of the game somewhat.

I always assumed it was BL because the Bears were BRIS. I bet I'm 100% wrong though.

AFL gamecast comments from the chronically inebriated are excellent:

Pies will tire soon, and when they do, up come the hawks.

Yes, once their minds and bodies are spent from beating us senseless, we will proceed to DOMINATE.

What's the score in Brissie vs Port? Don't want to check The Age since we're watching Collingwood vs Hawthorn on delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom