2014 Blue Crack Fantasy Football League

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
because gronk was injured and wasn't playing anywhere near gronk-level and a free agent was available that seemed to have a lot of potential upside that i could get without having to give up le'veon bell, who at the time was thought to be coming back in week 7.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Fair but at the time it was also apparent that even an injured Gronk was producing decent numbers for the TE slot. So it was an assumed risk for an assumed risk.

Kittle ain’t really in the conversation though - worked out for you, but you still would’ve won the trade. I would’ve done it if I were you, under the assumption that Bell was coming back. Mostly because without star power in a short league, your team is in trouble. Can’t replace lost games, and even with Bell back you’d be in trouble right now. Though with Gronk you’d also be in trouble. So it’s moot.

I mean it’s not about agreeing or disagreeing. Factually, Gronkowski is more valuable than LeVeon Bell right now. LeVeon Bell has zero value whatsoever and has been a rotting waste on everyone’s bench for 10 weeks. Rob Gronkowski, for his position, has held good moderate to good value. Underperforming? Absolutely. Better than FA replacement? 100%. Better than LeVeon Bell on your bench? Not a question.

sure, right now even tampa bay's kicker has more trade value than le'veon bell. and if le'veon had come back at any point in the season (like everyone fully expected him to back then), that trade would have been atrocious for me.

kittle has 775 yards and 3 tds this season vs gronk's 450/1. not sure why you're making this sound as if i made a silly mistake keeping kittle (then off 3 big games and now 3rd among TEs) who i got off the waiver wire for free instead of making a highly risky trade for an injury-prone guy who turned out to have an average (14th) season.

and you also wanted tyreek hill in exchange for kenyan drake or jay ajayi in that same deal. and you think that making that trade would have been "a bigger winner" for me? lol come on dude.

hindsight is easy but if le'veon had actually come back and played even partially as well as last season i would have been brick-stupid to accept that trade.

Last edited:
Making it sound like a mistake?! Where on earth did you read into that? Obviously Kittle has been better. He’s a good reason why you didn’t need the trade in hindsight. But he doesn’t have anything to do with the direct value of the trade. Just a hindsight reason as to why Gronk wouldn’t have been very valuable to your team.

And you and I both know the initial offer had Tyreke Hill and you and I both know that that was just a kickoff. You countered with Ertz + Ajayi for Bell+Tate. Don’t make it sound like you weren’t ready to make a deal. I countered that last offer, and it’s easy to say in hindsight that Ertz is the clear #1 and it’s easy in hindsight to say Gronkowski re-injured his ankle during a game.

And it was not crystal clear that LeVeon Bell would return in week 7. That was hope. It was reported from the beginning of the season that he had the potential to sit out the whole season. And that was a huge risk on holding on to him for any Bell owner. It was a risk for risk trade. You held the bigger risk.

Making it sound like a mistake?! Where on earth did you read into that?

ya got greedy.

Just don’t understand why you weren’t willing to take it [emoji23]

I would’ve done it if I were you

still would’ve been a winner. A bigger winner.

:shrug:

Obviously Kittle has been better. He’s a good reason why you didn’t need the trade in hindsight. But he doesn’t have anything to do with the direct value of the trade. Just a hindsight reason as to why Gronk wouldn’t have been very valuable to your team.

And you and I both know the initial offer had Tyreke Hill and you and I both know that that was just a kickoff. You countered with Ertz + Ajayi for Bell+Tate. Don’t make it sound like you weren’t ready to make a deal. I countered that last offer, and it’s easy to say in hindsight that Ertz is the clear #1 and it’s easy in hindsight to say Gronkowski re-injured his ankle during a game.

And it was not crystal clear that LeVeon Bell would return in week 7. That was hope. It was reported from the beginning of the season that he had the potential to sit out the whole season. And that was a huge risk on holding on to him for any Bell owner. It was a risk for risk trade. You held the bigger risk.

i never said that it was crystal clear that he would be back in week 7, just that at the time, several sportswriters were suggesting that could be when he would report. i knew before i even drafted him that he was holding out and there was a risk he wouldn't play at all.

i don't want to get into a back and forth argument about this (any more than we already have), as i've already mostly said my piece about it. i don't regret not taking the trade at all, even though you would have ended up with a useless filler, because it worked out for me anyways. i only had one week all season that i could have actually really used that bench spot for another player due to bye weeks.

i wish the pats weren't off this week though so you could start gronk against kittle and we could get some catharsis. alas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom