2011 Rugby World Cup thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those last fifteen minutes were the most tense fifteen minutes of my life. That final whistle is the best thing I have ever heard.

Never been so happy and proud to be a New Zealander in all my fucking life.

CHAMPIONS. OF. THE. WORLD!!!!!!

Congrats Axver and Ian and Khan ... :applaud:

(even if I was, uh, cheering for the French. :uhoh:)

Come now Vlad, they fucking bombed my country!

Must admit though, for a team who never even deserved to make the semis, let alone the final, they fucking turned up and gave me such a huge heart attack. Oh my god oh my god.

Is the neighbourhood still to expect a drunk, naked Axver draped in the All Blacks flag running down the street?

Too busy eating cake and drinking wine! Sorry to disappoint!

But apparenrly I ended up posting everytwhere before I even knew what I was happening!

congrats enjoy it :up:

I went with a few mates to a pub in Port Melb and ate/drank outside on a lovely warm evening, just got home. Saw the last 20 minutes, France dominated possession and could have won with that penalty kick

No kidding, it was like a completely different team to the abysmal French side that's played the rest of the tournament. They tried to hog possession, but in the end they just couldn't get close enough - our defence yet again showed why it is the best in the world.

Of course, we missed even more kicks. Can't believe the horrendous night that Piri Weepu had; seemed like the pressure got to him. I just think it's utterly hilarious that the only successful kick of the night was slotted through by Stephen Donald, the man that three weeks ago nobody wanted and who would "never" play for the All Blacks again.

And it's also wonderfully brilliant that the majority of the All Blacks' points were scored by Tony Woodcock.

ALL BLACKS:applaud:
....the best team won the cup!
Kapa o Pango
Taringa whakarongo!
Kia rite! Kia ite! Kia mau! Hī!
Kia whakawhenua au i ahau!
Hī aue, hī!
Ko Aotearoa e ngunguru nei!
Hī au, au, aue hā, hī!
Ko Kapa o Pango e ngunguru nei!
Hī au, au, aue hā, hī!
I āhahā!
Ka tū te Ihiihi
Ka tū te Wanawana
Ki runga ki te rangi
E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!
Ponga rā!
Kapa o Pango, aue hī!'
Ponga rā!
Kapa o Pango, aue hī, hā!

Not the best of world cups I would have thought, not the worst either - but good to see the All Blacks finally perform to their potential on this stage and lay the choking demons to rest once and for all.

Ireland, on the other hand...well let's not talk about that.

At least there was a try in this game

In fact... there were TWO!

And...

that was all... :uhoh:

I refer of course to the last world cup final, and also the South Africa v NZ world cup final (aka "the Invictus match")

Ireland, on the other hand...well let's not talk about that.

They were better than the French side that showed up for the group stages and semi-final.

Despite the way the French played out of their skins in the grand final (and to a lesser extent the quarter final), I reckon all of Wales, Ireland, Australia, and South Africa deserved to make the grand final more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom