2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Alright, the season is officially under way so continue your MLB ramblings here! Yeah baby! Finally,the 2011 MLB season is here! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Due up:

Bernie Madoff screws Headache out of thirteen bucks
Peef Wellington finds something to complain about in the Phillies rotation
CC Sabathia takes on Joey Chestnut in a much hyped Opening Day matchup

MrPryck2U said:
Tex bangs a 2 run jobbie. 3-1 Yanks in the bottom of the 3rd.

Didn't realize there was a new thread. Thanks!

Peef Wellington finds something to complain about in the Phillies rotation
The Phillies went to Florida for spring training while Heavy B went to Arizona. Not to play in the Cactus League, mind you, but to "train" with Donovan McNabb.

Boom Tish.

Have the Phillies made any plans to hold a Luis Castillo Day? Guest speakers, jersey retirement, commemorative bobblehead?

Tex bangs a 2 run jobbie. 3-1 Yanks in the bottom of the 3rd.

A Text Message from Teixeira!!!

Yes, they held a Luis Castillo Release Day yesterday. They tore up his contract and used it as confetti after Heavy B ran through a couple platters.

Good first win to start the season. That's probably the recipe for this year: 6 good innings from a starter and leave the rest for the bullpen.

Yeah, that's certainly the main question mark. But while on paper the rotation doesn't look too good I have a gut feeling that they will be fine after all.

I think it was 1986 or about that time, but I remember when the Mets' slogan was "Baseball like it oughta be!". Ahh, the good old days. :wink:

Through 5 innings, Roy Halladay hase given up 3 hits, 2 of them to opposing pitcher Brett "I love my wife" Myers.
Astros should consider DH'ing Myers in interleague games.

Starlin Castro is the youngest Cub to start on Opening Day since 1962, and what's he do in his first at bat? Singles and then hustles it in on a wild pitch. Very nice.

I'm still a big Byrd fan (clearly), but I'm very excited about the "new" aspects of the lineup this season. Maybe not to have an impact on this season, but the future.

Oh, Fausto Carmona, hello. Sorry about that.

Oh, excuse me, Adam Dunn, welcome to the American League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom