2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzo2.jpg

damn. i remember when clippard was a yankee.

can't even remember who new york got for him in the trade. typical

I'm sure I missed it, what happened?

Also, The Cubs may be disappointing me, but I'll gladly take another NL All-Star win (no jinx?)

So, K-Rod loses his 17.5 million dollar option and gets to live in Milwaukee. Great deal for him.

K-Rod won't be collecting saves. Axford is still the guy in the 9th. K-Rod definitely makes the Brew Crew's bullpen stronger. i'm still hoping that they put all of their cards on the table and try to trade for a SS or 3B as well.

Pfft I care not for his success. He can blow plenty of saves so long as he's getting the cheap, easy ones. My team already leads the league in saves, and a reliever's WHIP/ERA hardly hurt me.

K-Rod won't be collecting saves. Axford is still the guy in the 9th. K-Rod definitely makes the Brew Crew's bullpen stronger. i'm still hoping that they put all of their cards on the table and try to trade for a SS or 3B as well.

I thought there was something around the lines that K-Rod said he'd only accept a trade to a team where he would be a closer? Or was that only to a winning team?

I thought there was something around the lines that K-Rod said he'd only accept a trade to a team where he would be a closer? Or was that only to a winning team?

Boras, his new agent, said that “Closers don’t make good setup men. Does anyone want an unhappy setup man in their clubhouse?”

That was after he convinced Levine to sign Soriano, of course.

I never use the word tragic when it comes to losing sports franchises. But losing the Expos certainly hurt a lot more people in Montreal and Quebec than you realize. Don't look at the dwindling attendance figures as any indication as to the following the team had, there were A LOT of fans. However, by the end things got to the point where people just gave up all hope and found other things to do. Which, in the summer, there is no shortage of events to attend in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom