2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a fucking knuckleballer in queens for Christ's sake.

The Yankees have eroded their farm system and spent $200 million dollars o a team with no pitching.

I agree. They have serious organizational issues. The lone thing I have going for me with the absolute misery that is the Mets season is the knowledge that they have a front office that knows how to build a franchise without a lotof money. So maybe in 3 years when we get rid of the Wilpon's we might have some promising young talent in place. Maybe.

I still have a mild liking of them though.

Also, the Yanks are so fucked up organizationally. What sort of team spends that much on payroll and has a guy like Cervelli as a backup C. I'm not saying that's the most vital role on he team but he's atrocious. Find a veteran backup that knows how to call a game with a decent arm, not this hyper clown. Sure, let's give our setup guy 10 mil per, let's let an aging star lead-off and play SS regardless of his OBP and zero range, etc.

Small sample size and all, but Jose Molina's OBP with Toronto is over .400 right now.

Jesus Christ this is getting so hard to watch :(

Won a single game this month, and lost 9 of the past 10. And about to lose another one, in horrendous blowout fashion.

SSWS_Jose_Bautista_R_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg

the Marlins have two of the three worst starting pitchers in the league -

Chris Volstad with his 6.00 ERA and Javier Vazquez with his 7.00 ERA. And these pitchers have played every single start they were in line for (but one, I believe. Javy was re-ordered).

You had a nice comeback win over the Brew Crew last night, though. I watched that shit. Your new outfielder who looks like he's 13 years old had a badass hustle double in the 10th inning.

I see that THE DUTCH OVEN! is taking on the Yankees on my ESPN channel.

Hey Kramwest, is there going to be a baseball game tonight? Do an anti-rain dance or something, if you can.

I see that THE DUTCH OVEN! is taking on the Yankees on my ESPN channel.

Hey Kramwest, is there going to be a baseball game tonight? Do an anti-rain dance or something, if you can.

FFS there should be. The only thing this rainout bullshit is doing is guaranteeing the Vikes get a retractable roof for their new stadium.

Doesn't matter to me though because it's sunny and nice here in Anaheim, and I've got tickets to see some talent take the field at Angels' Stadium this weekend.

:wave:

You had a nice comeback win over the Brew Crew last night, though. I watched that shit. Your new outfielder who looks like he's 13 years old had a badass hustle double in the 10th inning.

I wish I cared more. I feel awful about it, but I'm BARELY following baseball at all this year. It's pathetic, I love this damn sport so much, but I don't know if it's the lack of cable and only being able to catch half of the Cubs games when I even feel like watching them, or what, but I just am not into it at all this year. Hopefully that changes after the All-Star Break, which is usually when my interest kicks into overdrive.

He's coming to Wrigley as well, I'm going to try damn hard to go, I don't like passing up chances to see him.

Macca is also coming to Yankee Stadium the day before my birthday. Got tickets yesterday.

Are you sure the Florida Marlins didn't just take the most abysmal turn to hell in MLB history?

Fuck the Marlins. This is so hard to watch. 1 win in June. Went from 2 months of 1st place baseball, and in 2 weeks we're tied for last place.

I got to watch the Heat lose in the Finals. I have to watch Nathan Horton hold the Stanley Cup.

This is too much.

Chris Volstad sucks. Javier Vazquez sucks. Hanley Ramirez sucks. Chris Coghlan sucks. Ricky Nolasco does his typical all-star to suck at the perfect time. Leo Nunez found a way to suck. Wes Helms sucks and so when Greg Dobbs came back down to Earth anything we stick at 3B sucks. Josh Johnson pussied his way onto the 60 day DL today after being out for about 3 weeks.

By the way, Javier Vazquez and Chris Volstad are dead last in ERA eligible starters with a 6.00 and a 7.00 ERA. They've both played every single start, as well.

Team ERA in the past 17 games not including tonight's part 2 of the double header - 6.15.

You really, really have to try to accomplish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom