2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Buster Posey refused to answer an apologetic phone call from Scott Cousins.

And apparently according to Logan Morrison, Scott Cousins has been receiving death threats.

This is the first time that I can remember when over a third of the way through a season, the Mariners have scored more runs than they've allowed. Probably been close to a decade. Rebuilding years are funny things. You expect your team to lose 100 games. And they still might. But right now sure is fun!

Anyone care that Pavano won his 100th game?

No, I didn't think so. Me either.

And lookout!!! Someone's knocking on the 20-game winner door.

(That would be the entire Twins team, not any pitcher. :gah: )

Last edited:
Nice try, Torii.

4r6t61.gif

Also, I'd like to take this moment to say I love it when a top prospect starts off slow in AAA in April and by May 1st, people begin to question whether or not he is a bust. Then he fucking kills it in May and June. To the tune of .350/.459/.608 in 172 plate appearances. As a non-power gap hitter, no less. Love it. Love it.

Zambran-oh no! After their ace called the team's play "embarrassing," the Cubs are in a mess deeper than a Giordano's pizza!

Tourist, I was really impressed with your boy Pineda tonight. That kid doesn't fuck around. Super talented. He's got a chance to be something special. But you know all that already.

Too bad he had to run into Johnny Danks.

I'm happy for Danks. He's got a win now! I've actually always liked Danks and I've been shocked to see him losing this year.

In other news, our number 2 pick fucking pissed me right the fuck off. I threw stuff. Yeah. I wanted Rendon fucking bad. And he was available. Shit. Fuck. SHHHHIT. People at work thought I was on crack or something. I mean, we already drafted Danny Hultzen last year. His name is fucking James Paxton. And he was a 4th rounder. Damnit. I wanted Rendon. Fuck. Shit@!!!!!! Son of a motherfucking bitch!!!!

Paul O'Neil just asked if Tim Wakefield is the only knuckleball pitcher left in the majors. That's just baffling.

He doesn't follow baseball. He just flies the fuck in from Columbus to do X number of games and then goes back.

YES' rotating color analysts drives me berserk. Ensures that none of them will become truly intimate with the team, the division, the league, etc. Almost no other RSN does this shit. Fucking baffling.

Also, the Yanks are so fucked up organizationally. What sort of team spends that much on payroll and has a guy like Cervelli as a backup C. I'm not saying that's the most vital role on he team but he's atrocious. Find a veteran backup that knows how to call a game with a decent arm, not this hyper clown. Sure, let's give our setup guy 10 mil per, let's let an aging star lead-off and play SS regardless of his OBP and zero range, etc.

I still love 'em though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom