2011 MLB Thread- Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pet Peavy. Enjoy!

In other news, after two long years battling suck, Javier Vazquez has succumbed under his own weight of suck.

He has been placed on the bereavement list.

Luckily, we can run a 4 ran rotation with a day off.

I said that Victorino was in one of his modes where he's only good for groundouts and seeing eye singles. He then homered.

My father and I spent a minute running through all the people we'd rather have in a big spot than Jimmy Rollins. He then doubled.

Being proven wrong is fun.

Girardi blows my mind sometimes.

Down 1 in the 10th, Soria was wild - walks Martin on 4 pitches and is 3-1 on Gardner, and Girardi makes him bunt. Mind you, Gardner leads the league in OBP over the past two weeks or so.

He doesn't realize that they scored 1 in the 10th despite the bunt, not because of it.

Girardi blows my mind sometimes.

Down 1 in the 10th, Soria was wild - walks Martin on 4 pitches and is 3-1 on Gardner, and Girardi makes him bunt. Mind you, Gardner leads the league in OBP over the past two weeks or so.

He doesn't realize that they scored 1 in the 10th despite the bunt, not because of it.

Perhaps you should manage the New York Yankees?

Konerko, holy shit. Fucking awesome play to end the game in a nice comeback win. Check it out on your local highlight clip show. Peavy looked strong. Looks like a couple of guys might be starting to get their swings back together.

It's been a shit season so far, and we've dug a huge hole, but it's only May. Starting to take the baby steps. Baby steps. Let's go.

Btw, if I would have posted yesterday, it would have looked something like this:

OUT FOR THE FUCKING SEASON AGAIN???? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, KENDRYS? FUCK MEEEEEEEE.

They played 2 innings though, did you go for that....perhaps you got there early and saw Dick take batting practice...it was very popular in Anaheim in the summer...the breeze from all the swings and misses cooled off the fans on a Hot August Night. (while they listened to Neil Diamond)

Considering he weighs 400 pounds, Bartolo Colon is a pretty decent fielder.

Sheesh. This Nats Marlins game is both exciting and pathetic. A 5-5 game in the 11th that probably should've been over a long, long time ago.

I take that back... considering one of the plays of the year in CF occured... a great DP... and then Omar Infante's magician slide into home plate in extra innings on a throw that he was out by almost 5 feet!

Yeah. He's had a pretty good life though. I hope he's not in pain.

I'm not a doctor, but from what I know esophageal cancer is one of the most brutal of cancers in terms of the chance of success and pain during treatment. I'm sure that Killebrew and his doctors are doing what they think will make him happiest.

Maybe it's just me, but I got the impression from this Cashman interview on Fox that Posada may announce he is retiring.

Beat me to it, speed.

Apparently John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman are saying that Posada pitched a fit after being listed 9th? Wouldn't be at all surprised if they were FOS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom