2011 Australian Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she knows about my crushes on tennis players. The best was when I got to watch Wozniacki vs. Sharapova. Mmmmm...

She also knows I love Serena Williams.

Though, she doesn't know about my man crush on Federer... :shifty:

Schiavone is on fire!

Schiavone struggled big time in that game just now. Three errors. Hopefully it's the turning point for our girl Caroline.

And she forces a 3rd set!

This is as clear a case of good vs. evil as you're likely to see in a tennis match.

Despite having lost, Dolgopolov really exceeded expectations there. Wow, he really took it to Murray and even made him get frustrated. :up:

There's no doubt that Henin is retiring for good. I mean, she's not the same age as she was 2 years ago, is she? :wink:

When did Caroline Wozniacki attend the Andy Reid school of challenges?

Na Li's into the final now. Ouch, Wozniacki, had a match point in the second. That really, really hurts.

Love a good upset, now need Vera Zvonareva to beat Clijsters, so that 7 won't inundate us with "Aussie Kim" stories.

And it would be great to see Zvonareva win, she's been so consistently competitive for a decade now, like Schiavone.

Love a good upset, now need Vera Zvonareva to beat Clijsters, so that 7 won't inundate us with "Aussie Kim" stories.

Looks like most of the books actually had Li as a small favorite over Woz before the match.

Li did look pretty good in that second set, it's gotta be said and she was brilliant against Petkovic

I don't have anything against Wozniacki, but she just doesn't appear all that convincing in the matches I've watched. Hangs very much on the baseline, and sometimes seems to collapse onto one knee and almost into a heap when returning some shots, which is bizarre, particularly for a professional. Whatever she does, she's still managed to snare herself the #1 ranking. She gets the job done... Mostly.

Wozniacki managed no winners in the 3rd set. I think it just about says it really.

I don't really mind her at all, but much of the time her gamestyle is very defensive and she just tends to push her opponent around the court, hence the "pusher" tag associated with her by tennis fans. She's very good defensively and gets many of the hard balls and to add to that she's one of the strongest players on the WTA Tour mentally. Other than that, she really doesn't have much at all but she has made the most of what she has so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom