2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm too old school, but something has bugged me since this free agent talk began. I'm talking like before the playoffs, when Bosh, Wade, James, Johnson and Stoudamire were all talking about meeting to discuss free agency.

Seems to me that you would never have seen Patrick Ewing, Jordan, Isaiah Thomas, Bird, or Magic even think about meeting together on what team to play with.

Now, top it off with last night/Miami. I don't believe the best players would ever WANT to play together. Ok, Karl Malone/Gary Payton went to LA. Clyde Drexler and Barkley went to Houston. They also were like 36 years old, near the end of their career. Not 25. I'd like to think Michael Jordan would have wanted all the other players to get on a team together so HE could try to beat them all together!

I miss the Bad Boys whooping on other teams. I miss Charles Oakley (for headache). I want this team to implode and brawl on the court...in the same jerseys! There's too much love!

Rant over.

Well said. Those guys were cut from a different cloth.

If you can't beat em, join em.

just caught the highlights of the party last night at american airlines arena.

acting like they already won a championship

pretty embarrassing

really hope the three of them never win a title now.

I'm really hesitant to call this Miami team the title favorite for next year. I do believe that Bosh will be exposed as a B-grade rather than an A-grade player once the spotlight is on him, and also that Spoelstra is going to have a hell of a time managing those three egos.

Alvin Gentry perhaps said it best the other day: "Chemistry is a strange thing." LA, Boston, and Orlando are all tested playoff teams who should at this point be favored over Miami.

You can skip this part unless you want to hear some fanboying: Dirk Nowitzki means the world to me. All of my professional sports allegiances lie in the Metroplex, where I spent my formative years and learned to love sports. They always will regardless of whether or not I ever find myself moving back there. Ring or no ring, Dirk will almost undoubtedly go down as my favorite sportsman ever, not only for his enormous talents but for his selflessness and true understanding of the concepts of loyalty and home. He might never get his championship. Maybe the Mavs never will. But I'm so proud to see a man of his caliber go down with the ship rather than tarnish his legacy and murder the fans who did nothing but adore him. If these four years don't work out with the fairy tale ending he deserves, more power to him if he wants to ring whore at the age of 36. I feel fortunate to count him as my favorite player in the league, and it's just a bonus to have Nash and KD round out my top three. My heart goes out to the fans of Cleveland. I'll be pulling for you from here on out, and it'd be very sweet to see the Cavs reach the promise land before their former savior does.

This is all very well-said, and I appreciate the sentiment about Cleveland. It's refreshing to hear some sympathy rather than the platitudinous jabs and youtube videos typically directed at Cleveland.

Personally, I've always felt that Dirk's game is over-rated, but I greatly respect his loyalty. I suppose that the question we have to ask ourselves, however, is whether loyalty is really a valid concept in relation to a sport that has become so heavily corporatized. As a lifelong Cavs fan, I am of course disappointed that LeBron left, and less than thrilled with the manner in which he did it. But I'm not angry with him. I place the blame for this whole fiasco on ESPN, but I won't go into the reasons now, nor will I try to absolve LeBron. I do think that the Cavs will be a seven or eight seed in the playoffs next year. I don't see a title anytime in the foreseeable future, if ever, but I expect the team to be competitive.

That concert thingy was just... lol. The pyro, the music, the giant stage and light show.

They looked like a cross between the Jonas Brothers and a WWF tagteam. :barf:

he does a lot of things really well, especially keeping possessions alive by tipping rebounds all over the place. You could do worse.
Reminds me of Jim O'Brien going into press conferences and postively pointing out that the Sixers had 14 tipped passes in the game.

commiserations to those who didn't get him, but it seems like you all aren't too upset.

LeBron seems like a nice enough bloke... does anyone outside Miami like him now?

Dirk :up:

Ok, bare with me with this thought;

How about having a channel where the NBA games were televised and there was no play by play announcers?
The only thing you would listen to, would be the mic'd players and coaches...even in time outs, the conversations would be heard.
I would pay to see/hear that in a special premium channel in my satellite/cable company.

I guess that's a good point.
But still, we get to hear that every once in a while when the networks don't catch all of them. Still, I believe it would be highly entertaining.

Ok, bare with me with this thought;

How about having a channel where the NBA games were televised and there was no play by play announcers?
The only thing you would listen to, would be the mic'd players and coaches...even in time outs, the conversations would be heard.
I would pay to see/hear that in a special premium channel in my satellite/cable company.

If it were possible, I would definitely pay for that. Personally, I would love to hear what the players talk about on the bench during blow-out games, especially someone like Delonte West.

I believe it was NSW who mentioned once in one of these threads that sports audiences are conditioned to having announcers on while watching games on TV. Play by play, etc. It's just something that we need. And I would agree with that.

I really hope we get Redick.

:( I liked Farmar...

I hope they don't trade Shannon. He's really starting to get good.

And sorry if this has been mentioned already (I don't keep up with this thread), but is Derek Fisher really looking at the Heat?? :huh:

From ESPN;
LeBron Meets Fisher at Airport
LeBron James has gone from recruited to recruiter, according to ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne. Miami's newest free agent went out of his way to meet Lakers free agent Derek Fisher, hoping to convince the five-time NBA champion to join the Heat. It was a short meeting as James was on his way to New York to attend Denver star Carmelo Anthony's wedding, while Fisher was on his way to meet with Heat presdient Pat Riley and team owner Mickey Arison.

I actually lost all respect for Farmar when I saw him interact (Or lack of) with fans at Staples. His demeanor was horrible and he was unapproachable, just like Kareem.
No big loss.

Aside from the Heat, I want to applaud the Bulls but why the fuck did they trade Hinrich?

I didn't see the sense there.

They traded him to clear his contract from the cap, just in case they had an opportunity for two maxes.

Hinrich wasn't that good anyway, and he was getting paid way too much to be the second best PG on the team, and we couldn't go forward with him as the starting SG. We have more flexibility now, and that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom