2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have as well (Twice; for the Kings and Lakers) and the reason I ask, is because even though they are extremely nice and comfortable, I found that you lose some of the "being there" factor because of the enclosed scenario. I actually rather be in the middle of the crowd.
Did you feel the same?
The dessert cart is amazing.

288693394_acf5beaffc.jpg

I have as well (Twice; for the Kings and Lakers) and the reason I ask, is because even though they are extremely nice and comfortable, I found that you lose some of the "being there" factor because of the enclosed scenario. I actually rather be in the middle of the crowd.
Did you feel the same?
The dessert cart is amazing.

288693394_acf5beaffc.jpg

Well, my overall attitude was "I'm just happy to have free tickets to this event". But, that being said, the suites at Staples are very enclosed and cutoff from the crowd, no doubt. I've been there for Laker games, Kings games, Clippers games, a U2 and a Bruce concert, etc, and never did you feel the true electricity of the crowd in those suites.

The suites at Dodger stadium, on the other hand, just out over the crowd and are more open, so that experience is a 180 from Staples.

And, yeah, the dessert cart is hard to beat.

Lakers were far and away the better team last night. Celts have to do something to shore up the rebounding.

And lets hope for a few less whistles on both sides from hear on in...what did they say, call it tight in the odd quarters and not so much in the evens, cause in the 1st and 3rd the whistles were just constant.

Lakers were definitely more dominant, especially on defense. Kobe had a great game, as usual.

Garnett needs to attack more. With all the talk about how Gasol was "soft" back in 2008, it applied to Garnett last night.

Still, I was hoping for one win out there, so bring on Game 2.

pao was absolutely terrific last night... really surprised me with his aggresiveness. i guess he was tired of being called soft. kobe was kobe, and there's really no surprise in what he does.

the celtics got out of wack in their half court offense and started trying to ISO pierce with post ups way too often. and KG needs to get to the basket more often and stop just shooting jumpers the entire game. when boston actually stayed committed to running their offense they were able to score... a bunch of easy layups on misdirection plays close to the basket.

i'd also like to add that i'm happy as a pig in shit this morning because i won a significant amount of money by betting the lakers hard after seeing that they put joey crawford on the game. tim donaghy, you are my hero :hi5:

tight whistle? advantage lakers.
even whistle? even series.
loose whistle? advantage celtics.

if mccutchen or callahan is on game 2, bet the celtics hard. salvatore or bavetta? go lakers.

Well, my overall attitude was "I'm just happy to have free tickets to this event". But, that being said, the suites at Staples are very enclosed and cutoff from the crowd, no doubt. I've been there for Laker games, Kings games, Clippers games, a U2 and a Bruce concert, etc, and never did you feel the true electricity of the crowd in those suites.

The suites at Dodger stadium, on the other hand, just out over the crowd and are more open, so that experience is a 180 from Staples.

And, yeah, the dessert cart is hard to beat.

The amount of Douchebraggary in this post is what's hard to beat.

i'd also like to add that i'm happy as a pig in shit this morning because i won a significant amount of money by betting the lakers hard after seeing that they put joey crawford on the game. tim donaghy, you are my hero :hi5:

tight whistle? advantage lakers.
even whistle? even series.
loose whistle? advantage celtics.

if mccutchen or callahan is on game 2, bet the celtics hard. salvatore or bavetta? go lakers.

Good observation on the tightness affecting the teams' chances, but I've got to bring up Simmons again, who actually felt good that Crawford was on last night because apparently he tends to favor the road team. He also pointed this out throughout the game a handful of times in his running commentary.

Thing is, while Kobe may not openly cheer on the city, he hasn't said anything outright dismissive or negative about it, seems more like people are mad that he ignores it.

I'm only just now getting to this comment, but the night of the last week of the NFL season, when the Cowboys blanked the Eagles and won the division, Kobe and Co. destroyed the Mavericks to the tune of 131-96*. What did he chalk this beatdown up to?

"Payback for what the Cowboys did to my Eagles," said Kobe Bryant, whose hometown Philadelphia football team lost 24-0 in Texas.

Just throwing that out there.

*behind 24 points from that goblin Farmar

I'm only just now getting to this comment, but the night of the last week of the NFL season, when the Cowboys blanked the Eagles and won the division, Kobe and Co. destroyed the Mavericks to the tune of 131-96*. What did he chalk this beatdown up to?

I'm sure Peef will say that Kobe only liked them because of McNabb.

Oh, so suddenly you're from Philly when it's convenient for your trash talk, Kobe? Fuck him and his couch.

Oh, so suddenly you're from Philly when it's convenient for your trash talk, Kobe? Fuck him and his couch.

Brilliant. He said nothing about Philly, he's an asshole. He mentions the Eagles positively, he's an asshole.

You ever consider the possibility that he was an Eagles fan but followed a different NBA team as a kid?

Does anyone know what Phil Jackson said to Chris Rock? Chris' face was priceless when he was approached by him.

Also, I was thinking about this while listening to LCD in the car today:

The song actually made me wish I was a Lakers fan. I considered myself a Pau fan when he was in Memphis but can't now. Either way, opportune song, James Murphy.

Nothing would make we wish that I was a Lakers fan, though if I was ever in LA, I would love to go to a game. Laz's hero, Stevie Spielberg, got a shoutout last night.

Well, yeah. As much as it sucks being a Mavericks fan, I couldn't imagine being anything else. I seem to be made to suffer. It's my lot in life.

But then again, YLB, we appear to be fans of the same team.

Nothing would make we wish that I was a Lakers fan, though if I was ever in LA, I would love to go to a game. Laz's hero, Stevie Spielberg, got a shoutout last night.

I loathed the Lakers before moving to LA.

After living there for 10 years, I never did become a fan (76ers 4 LYFE. Laz is right, sometimes we don't grow up rooting for our hometown teams) but I had so many friends that are fans that it got hard to root against them. Plus, those wars with the Kings were going on when I lived there and that and the three-peat of course were all very exciting.

The games were almost invariably fun to attend.

Well, yeah. As much as it sucks being a Mavericks fan, I couldn't imagine being anything else. I seem to be made to suffer. It's my lot in life.

But then again, YLB, we appear to be fans of the same team.

Whoever wrote that article is a an overweight glob of grease.

If Dwight plays an entire season with the intensity of the last 3 games of that Celtics series, they will win a title, or come damn close. He was relishing being the villain, and it was awesome. The window is nowhere near closing, especially with the uncertainty that is the Eastern Conference.

I loathed the Lakers before moving to LA.

After living there for 10 years, I never did become a fan (76ers 4 LYFE. Laz is right, sometimes we don't grow up rooting for our hometown teams) but I had so many friends that are fans that it got hard to root against them. Plus, those wars with the Kings were going on when I lived there and that and the three-peat of course were all very exciting.

The games were almost invariably fun to attend.

Seeing ultra-competitive games in person, regardless of any sort of fan loyalty, are incredibly fun to watch. Plus, it'd be better than going to a Clippers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom