2010 NBA Finals and beyond - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #801
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I love how ESPN has a fucking Sportscenter desk set up outside of the gym where the Heat are practicing.
Yeah, but, please don't let that lead you to believe that they'll ever be anything but perfectly objective in their coverage and criticism of LeBron.. Nothing will ever erode, dent or otherwise negatively impact the impartiality and integrity of ESPN's rigorous journalistic standards.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #802
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Yeah, but, please don't let that lead you to believe that they'll ever be anything but perfectly objective in their coverage and criticism of LeBron..
pssht... anyone who criticizes lebron is a racist. just ask him. it's not because he's an uber-egomaniacal douchebag the likes of which we've never seen... it's because of race.

get it right.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #803
ONE
love, blood, life

Carlos Boozer broke his hand. He will miss eight weeks - that's the first month of the season.

Damn.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #804
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well, they still got Kyle Korver?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #805
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:41 PM
I'm not too bummed about the guy missing 12 to 15 games. It's a looooooong season.

Wish it didn't happen of course, but, eh. We'll be fine.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #806
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah, I mean then it's basically the same team as last year, but with some added pieces. We still made the playoffs last year and he'll be back quickly enough.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #807
Blue Crack Distributor

Did he get hit by osi, too?
Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #808
Blue Crack Distributor

All kidding aside I do think chicago, once healthy, is the best team in the east and will play the lakers or thunder for the title. Probably the lakers.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #809
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
All kidding aside I do think chicago, once healthy, is the best team in the east and will play the lakers or thunder for the title. Probably the lakers.
While the Heat have bust potential... I think it's hands down the Miami Heat. Only the Lakers have the potential to beat them in the league.

Ask yourself... why did Miami get eliminated last year by Boston? Well... maybe because Boston, a good defensive team, found it pretty easy to triple cover Wade, especially considering how bad the rest of the Heat were.

Why did Cleveland get kicked out of the playoffs? Same reason, really. Maybe less relevant, but both of those teams were carried by LeBron and by Wade.

Now all I've got to say is... try triple, or even double, covering one of them while the other is on the floor. Add Chris Bosh in the mix... you're almost forced to go zone defense on them. Which with 3 all-stars on the court... bad idea.

Even better... people comment on how bad the Heat's bench is. It's much better than last year, that's for sure. It's at least average, if not above average at the moment. But if Bosh carried his team all year... Wade carried his team into the playoffs all year... and LeBron carried his team to the ECF last year all by himself... if you simply cycle the 3 of them on the court so one is always on the bench...

Is 1 all-star who carried his team last year on his back... not enough to carry a team's bench on his back?

That's all I have to say. The only thing holding the Heat back from a dynasty is lack of chemistry. Which is to be seen.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #810
Blue Crack Distributor

Obviously it would surprise nobody if miami made it to the finals. I think there are 5 teams who could win an nba title this season... boston, miami, chicago, oklahoma city and the lakers. Orlando won't win anything until they get rid of that bum vince carter. A potential 6th team is whomever carmelo ends up with, depending ob the situation of course
Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #811
Blue Crack Supplier

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The only thing holding the Heat back from a dynasty is lack of chemistry.
So we're talking dynasty and they haven't even played 1 game....pretty bold.

Wait till Chris Bosh gets pissed that he averages 3 shots a game and starts lacing the weed he sells to Lebron with rat poison, then we'll see about dynasty.

And Lebron will lose his mind if the Heat play the Celts in the playoffs when he sees his mom behind the Celts bench wearing a Delonte West shirt...and nothing more.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #812
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, yes we are. That's usually what happens when you put together 2 of the top 5 players in the world, and then a wildcard top 10.

I love how everybody just imagines these problems between the two teams. You're a hater, pure and simple. You want issues to happen.

There's no way Bosh is getting 3 shots per game. The ball is going to be cycled around between the 3. Shit, I hate when people pull out the race card but honeslt if these were 3 white athletes everybody would just shut the **** up about "who gets the final shot?" or "who's team is it?" or any of that nonsense.

They're together to win a championship. If ego becomes an issue, that's 4 or 5 years down the line when they've won their championship(s).
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #813
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow I don't even know where to begin...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #814
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Yes, yes we are. That's usually what happens when you put together 2 of the top 5 players in the world, and then a wildcard top 10.

I love how everybody just imagines these problems between the two teams. You're a hater, pure and simple. You want issues to happen.

There's no way Bosh is getting 3 shots per game. The ball is going to be cycled around between the 3. Shit, I hate when people pull out the race card but honeslt if these were 3 white athletes everybody would just shut the **** up about "who gets the final shot?" or "who's team is it?" or any of that nonsense.
Yeah thats right cause I mentioned the color of their skin when I mentioned Bosh was gonna be the odd man out when it comes to getting shots. I think Bosh is a slightly above average player who puled an Emporer's New Clothes act during this offseason to get folks to lump him in as a top 5 or 10 player in the league, and he'll suffer when on court with 2 guys who have always dominated the ball on their teams, who now must find a way to share the ball with one another, which will be a task, let alone share with whoever else is on court.
My analysis of the situation is from a purely basketball standpoint.
Where you got a race issue out of that I would love to know. Please point it out to me.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #815
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:41 PM
I'm going to skirt the insane stuff to pose a different question: since when is Chris Bosh, a guy who has little to no big game experience, a top ten player?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #816
Blue Crack Addict

LuckyNumber7 is off to a flying start here in Put 'Em Under Pressure.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #817
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:41 PM
Stop playing the race card, Gaffer.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #818
Blue Crack Supplier

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Stop playing the race card, Gaffer.
I thought he was playing the number card, we all know 8 is Gaf's favorite number.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #819
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Did he get hit by osi, too?
Ha, maybe.

But here's the story straight from Boozer:

Quote:
I came around a corner, fell over a bag, put my arm down to try to brace myself and fractured my fifth metacarpal into 3 pieces. It was just dark. My doorbell had rang and I tripped over a bag, tried to brace myself and it popped. I’m 265, 5 percent body fat. I’m heavy, man. I guess I had to brace myself and my weight just collapsed the bone right there.
It's a shame that he had to pull out the race card in his explanation, but perhaps if the bag hadn't been so "dark" none of this would have happened.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #820
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I thought he was playing the number card, we all know 8 is Gaf's favorite number.
ya know why GAF is scared of LuckyNumber7?

'cause luckynumber7, 8, 9... bahhh hahahaha

Closed Thread