2010 NBA Finals and beyond - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,045
Local Time: 09:31 PM
In a move that reeks of Bosh panic, Carlos Boozer is a Bull. Five years, 80 mil.
__________________

Imperor is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #502
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 41,672
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Boozer to Loozers.
__________________

lazarus is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #503
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Concerning LeBron, I have thought that he would re-sign with the Cavs until the announcement about the ESPN special. Someone at ESPN must know for sure that LeBron is leaving - otherwise, what would they possibly have to gain from airing such a special? Every single ostensible analyst on that station has been insisting that LeBron will bolt from Cleveland for at least a year now, and the station could not possibly take the risk of having him announce that he is in fact staying in Cleveland. Not a single person who does not have direct ties to Northeast Ohio wants to see LeBron stay with the Cavs. ESPN knows this and would not possibly give LeBron a forum for supporting Cleveland.
They don't care at all what LeBron does. They're going to get ratings regardless of his decision. They've got no credibility to protect at this point, so they can just stir up some other made up shit once LeBron decides (Vikings training camp starts soon...).
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #504
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:31 PM
You know what'd make me happy? Exiling Carter and his expiring deal to David KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN's T'Wolves for Kevin Love and/or Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer and some $$$. Totally conjecture by yours truly, seeing as though Half Man, Half Asleep needs to leave as soon as possible and Minny's doing their best to sign David Lee. Either Love or Jefferson would be a fantastic 4 to have next to a guy like Dwight, though it would force Van Gundy to shift around his scheme's a bit. Whatever. They're not going to win a championship, let alone get back to the Finals, if they lack the size to contend with Boston or L.A.

Speaking of Stan Van Jeremy, good on him for calling Bosh Wade's "lapdog." The Van Gundy Bros. are like the Mario Bros., only more bitter.

I'd rather have Stephen A. as the Magic color analyst for a year than to see Wince Carter trudge his way through another season again.

EDIT - Only Jefferson/Brewer would work under the salary cap. Oh well.
LMP is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
In a move that reeks of Bosh panic, Carlos Boozer is a Bull. Five years, 80 mil.
I believe this means no Bosh or LeBron.
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,435
Local Time: 10:31 PM
I'll learn to love him (hell, the name has always worked for me, just not the game so much). And he's the best post scorer we've had in my lifetime and certainly improves the team.

Now all we need is someone who can play the 2 guard, and we're rollin'. I'm talking Ray muhfuckin Allen. Again, complete speculation on my part. I haven't even heard any whispers of that or anything. But, still:

Derrick + Joakim + Boozer + Shuttlesworth = YES!
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #507
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,435
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Man, my internets are really fucked up today. All slow and shit. Dubble post.
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #508
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,249
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
They don't care at all what LeBron does. They're going to get ratings regardless of his decision. They've got no credibility to protect at this point, so they can just stir up some other made up shit once LeBron decides (Vikings training camp starts soon...).
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
I'll learn to love him (hell, the name has always worked for me, just not the game so much). And he's the best post scorer we've had in my lifetime and certainly improves the team.

Now all we need is someone who can play the 2 guard, and we're rollin'. I'm talking Ray muhfuckin Allen. Again, complete speculation on my part. I haven't even heard any whispers of that or anything. But, still:

Derrick + Joakim + Boozer + Shuttlesworth = YES!
Ray Allen gets 2-year deal to return to Boston Celtics - ESPN

GAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
In a move that reeks of Bosh panic, Carlos Boozer is a Bull. Five years, 80 mil.
And this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
First off, cograts, Headache, on the Amar'e signing. He seems to have been your man all along.
This too.

Also, I'm a pretty big Lebron defender/apologizer but this one-hour look at me special makes me sick.
No spoken words is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #509
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,435
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Well, yeah, that was just wishful thinking. As Burgess Meredith said in one of the Grumpy Old Men movies: "You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other. See which gets filled first."

So we needs a shooting guard. Desperately. Of the people out there right now, I want Redick. I think he'll likely stay in Orlando, because they can match whatever offer, etc. But I think we can offer him more playing time. So who knows. Fuck.

Also, this:



LOOK OUT!
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #510
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,435
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Sooooooo, speaking of anticlimactic, it looks like a bunch of different sources are reporting that Lebron to Miami is basically a done deal. Jesus fucking Christ on toast. I'm not completely against this whole one hour Lebron decision special as so many people seem to be, it's not that big of a deal to me, but how are you gonna let the news leak out before hand? I feel like if you're Lebron, and you're having this big ESPN special...keep that shit under wraps. It can't be that hard to keep a lid on it for like 12 hours can it?

Or maybe this Miami news is premature.

It could be, but it definitely makes sense. When I first heard a week ago those reports about Bosh, Wade, and James all joining up in Miami it clicked. It made sense. They figured it out. They realized that this is a literally once in a lifetime thing, having this much talent all out there, and the best thing for them to do is to ALL land somewhere together. Why split it up and fight against each other for a decade? Just join up. They fucking figured it out, dammit.

The power in the NBA is now in god damned South Beach. Gag me with a ballpoint pen.

EDIT: I hope I'm wrong. I really, really hope I'm wrong. But I think that teams wins many titles. And soon. Fuck.
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #511
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,045
Local Time: 09:31 PM
If this happens, the NBA will just about ruined for me.
Imperor is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #512
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 41,672
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Sooooooo, speaking of anticlimactic, it looks like a bunch of different sources are reporting that Lebron to Miami is basically a done deal. Jesus fucking Christ on toast. I'm not completely against this whole one hour Lebron decision special as so many people seem to be, it's not that big of a deal to me, but how are you gonna let the news leak out before hand? I feel like if you're Lebron, and you're having this big ESPN special...keep that shit under wraps. It can't be that hard to keep a lid on it for like 12 hours can it?

Or maybe this Miami news is premature.

It could be, but it definitely makes sense. When I first heard a week ago those reports about Bosh, Wade, and James all joining up in Miami it clicked. It made sense. They figured it out. They realized that this is a literally once in a lifetime thing, having this much talent all out there, and the best thing for them to do is to ALL land somewhere together. Why split it up and fight against each other for a decade? Just join up. They fucking figured it out, dammit.
If this is the case, he's an even bigger bitch than I thought. Anyone who's that good shouldn't need the help of both those guys to win a title. I really hope Wade and Bosh made their decision together BEFORE knowing about this.
lazarus is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 03:35 AM   #513
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,609
Local Time: 03:31 AM
It's pretty much a straight 24hr cycle re which team has a 'done deal' with LeBron. NYC last 24hrs, Miami this 24hrs, Nets and Bulls have had their turn. So many conflicting 'strong source' leaks too - and a lot of them probably are very decent sources - I would think it's a fair bet that Team LeBron are doing it deliberately to keep up the hype.

One hour tv specials and players having very public meetings with multiple teams, camera crews in tow, makes me miss the NBA of generations gone by. If it were 1990, not 2010, LeBron would likely have just quietly re-signed with the Cavs. No empire to build. No brand to hype above and beyond all else. So I guess big thumbs up to Durant for simply not being a dick. I'm half expecting whichever team LeBron signs with to announce a colour scheme/logo change at the same time, something that sits better with the Nike LBJ branding.
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #514
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:31 PM
i can't wait until tonight is over. if he doesn't join Miami, he's stupid, imo.
mikal is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #515
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,607
Local Time: 11:31 PM
yes, we should all trust chris broussard's word that he's "leaning towards miami, but his family is trying to convince him to stay in cleveland, although new york and chicago still have a chance as well."

um... what? this is the same dude who wants us to believe that "outside sources" told him what his own company was doing, right?

this is all a big scam by the world wide leader. word got out of where the secret location was, people started tweeting a little too much, so espn and team lebron wanted to keep the spotlight on the great lebron decision.

he's making the announcement in greenwich, ct... one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the world... which also happens to be 15 minutes from the knicks training facility, where two cablevision helicopters just happened to have been dispatched to last night. there's only two things that make this make sense... he's signing with the knicks, or his gynormous ego wants to get the new york market tuned in so he's teasing them by announcing so close, which i would not put past this man.

no matter if he ends up with the heat, the knicks, the bulls or olympiakos... two things are for sure; lebron james and chris broussard are gigantic douchebags.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:03 AM   #516
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
It's pretty much a straight 24hr cycle re which team has a 'done deal' with LeBron. NYC last 24hrs, Miami this 24hrs, Nets and Bulls have had their turn. So many conflicting 'strong source' leaks too - and a lot of them probably are very decent sources - I would think it's a fair bet that Team LeBron are doing it deliberately to keep up the hype.

.
That can only mean he's going to The Clippers!
Hewson is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #517
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i can't wait until tonight is over. if he doesn't join Miami, he's stupid, imo.
that can only mean he's going to the clippers!
coolian2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #518
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,435
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
If this is the case, he's an even bigger bitch than I thought. Anyone who's that good shouldn't need the help of both those guys to win a title.
Every great player in NBA history has needed a lot of help to win a title. So why not just go and join up with the best help out there? One of the Top 5 players in the league and an All-Star forward who's probably Top 10 or 15 in the league. I don't see it being a bitch move. I see it as smart. Very smart.
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #519
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,609
Local Time: 03:31 AM
It's almost too immediate though, and kind of smells.

Bulls or Knicks would be my vote if I were in his crew. It won't be as immediate, but over the next couple of seasons, both will be able to put together one hell of a team around him. Not just have him as a kind of parachuted in superstar to buddy up with the already in-residence superstar to create a superstar supernova.

And then of those two, I'd go Knicks. Turning the Knicks into winners, perhaps championship winners, and making an all-time hero of yourself in New York in the process would be fantastic. Returning Chicago to the top after not so long a spell away from the summit, and walking past that statue of Michael Jordan every day to do it, that wouldn't be so appealing to me. He's got to achieve a hell of a lot in Chicago just to even stand a chance of ever remotely comparing to Jordan and that era. In New York, he's just got to win one and they'll name half the island after him.
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #520
Refugee
 
U2ME3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,758
Local Time: 11:31 PM
As a Cavs fan, I don't have a problem with LeBron wanting to leave for what he perceives as a better opportunity. That happens. However, I do have a problem with the way he's handling this announcement...doing this tv special tonight, it's basically a big FUCK YOU to his fans in Northeast Ohio.
__________________

U2ME3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×