2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're sitting around thinking Ricky will appear if Kahn clicks his Rubio slippers, the Timberwolves are Klingin' On to false hopes!

ts_100722mattbarnes.jpg

100722_ratliff_sign.jpg

Matt, Theo....welcome to the family
:up:

I wonder what this means to Shannon.

I think it means Shannon and his highlight reel will be moving on. That leaves Sasha with the back-up shooting guard role.

Still...Jackson, Fish, Blake, Barnes, and the 2nd rounders are a great haul for the league's best team.

With all these acquisitions in Lakerland pushing him out, Brown might just be persona Shan-non grata in Los Angeles!

With all these acquisitions in Lakerland pushing him out, Brown might just be persona Shan-non grata in Los Angeles!
This alter is fantastic, although there hasn't been quite enough paragraph long setups ending in the last line revealing the subject to be handicapped. Get on that.

Some of the bigger games for the season have been released

NBA.com: New-look Heat get primetime treatment from schedule-makers

Oct. 26 7:30 p.m. ET Heat @ Celtics (TNT)
Oct. 26 10:30 p.m. ET Rockets @ Lakers (TNT)
Oct. 27 8 p.m. ET Bulls @ Thunder (ESPN)
Oct. 27 10:30 p.m. ET Blazers @ Clippers (ESPN)
Oct. 28 8 p.m. ET Wizards @ Magic (TNT)
Oct. 28 10:30 p.m. ET Suns @ Jazz (TNT)
Oct. 29 8 p.m. ET Magic @ Heat (ESPN)
Oct. 29 10:30 p.m. ET Lakers @ Suns (ESPN)
Oct. 30 8:30 p.m. ET Nuggets @ Rockets (NBATV)
Oct. 31 7 p.m. ET Jazz @ Thunder (NBATV)
Nov. 1 8 p.m. ET Blazers @ Bulls (NBATV)
Nov. 2 TBD First Fan Night game (NBATV)
Dec. 25 Noon ET Bulls @ Knicks (ESPN)
Dec. 25 2:30 p.m. ET Celtics @ Magic (ABC)
Dec. 25 5 p.m. ET Heat @ Lakers (ABC)
Dec. 25 8 p.m. ET Nuggets @ Thunder (ESPN)
Dec. 25 10:30 p.m. ET Blazers @ Warriors (ESPN)
Jan. 17, 2011 1 p.m. ET Bulls @ Grizzlies (ESPN)
Jan. 17, 2011 4 p.m. ET Kings @ Hawks (NBATV)
Jan. 17, 2011 8 p.m. ET Magic @ Celtics (TNT)
Jan. 17, 2011 10:30 p.m. ET Thunder @ Lakers (TNT)

At the veteran minimum, its a low risk signing.
He'll be entertaining in the media for sure. If he can rebound effectively for 20 minutes a night, he's well worth the short money.

They really just need him for the playoffs. Have him take it easy all season and ramp it up then.

Of course, that applies to about half the roster now, but the strategy seemed to work last year.

Lakers re-signed Shannon Brown.

Bench depth had been a weakness. After this offseason, now it's a strength. :hyper:

This is how you can tell how far Shaq has fallen. No comments about him signing with Boston. I actually think this is a good thing for Boston.

Wow. Lakerdom ain't going to be happy about that. What a loser. Guy's like the biggest whore in the NBA at this point.

Whatever. When we beat Boston again next year to tie their championship record it will just be that much more sweeter. You'd think they'd want to avoid giving Kobe any further motivation.

Lakers re-signed Shannon Brown.

How did they manage to do that? Awesome news.

I always wanted it to be Kobe's team and was glad when Shaq left, even though I liked the guy alright. He's an inferior player and only got in the way of Kobe's development into a superstar IMO. If they had got rid of Shaq sooner and built a team around Kobe's emerging talents who knows what could have happened?

Regardless, having to wait 6 years for another title was worth this recent back-to-back.

Whatever. We've got the trophy. The guy had an off-night, just because it was in Game 7 doesn't mean he didn't deserve the championship or the MVP. I seem to remember him picking up steam as the game progressed, hitting some key shots esp. those free throws, and what do you know, he still finished with more points and rebounds than anyone on the Celtics (or Lakers).

I guess we shouldn't mention Ray Allen, who shot even lower than Kobe's 25%.

Moses Malone got tossed around early in his career, Pippen and Barkley and Ewing ended up playing for 3 teams when all was said and done. That's all I can think of right now.

I always wanted it to be Kobe's team and was glad when Shaq left, even though I liked the guy alright. He's an inferior player and only got in the way of Kobe's development into a superstar IMO. If they had got rid of Shaq sooner and built a team around Kobe's emerging talents who knows what could have happened?

Regardless, having to wait 6 years for another title was worth this recent back-to-back.

Winning three titles in a row with Shaq as the second-best big man in the league wasn't enough for you? Hell, his '00 season is one of the most dominant on record.

Kobe was the clear second banana until around when? The '01 playoffs? That's still after 4 or 5 years of playing together.

Yeah, three teams is half as many as six, so not much of a comparison there.

I know Kobe was second banana. My point is that he had greater talents than Shaq, and a team designed more around him may have lead to a longer dynasty in the end without that long interval between titles. Jordan was allowed to carry his team practically from the beginning of his pro career, and I think Kobe would have matured faster with the same responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom