2010 NBA Finals and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy a good train wreck? Of course you do. So please revel in STEPHEN A. responding to the haters on his The Twitter: Stephen A Smith (stephenasmith) on Twitter

@stephenasmith said:
@sugashayne3 Learn this lesson right now, my man. My career is over when I DECIDE IT'S OVER. Even if I'm wrong -- which I doubt -- it won't matter. People like you would love for it to erase 14 yrs of work. Ain't happening. My resume speaks for itself. Take notes.won't

Poor Suga Shayne.

You and I both, man. Letting Nash leave still smarts, so I can't even imagine how shitty I'd feel for the rest of my NBA fandom if Dirk had skipped town too. And considering he took a pay cut, there's no excuse to let Haywood go elsewhere now. Keep that wallet open, Cubes.

Pipe dream scenario here: it's fairly obvious that LeBron, longshot that it was, isn't going to happen. But the Mavs are on Wade's short list. With Amare looking to be solidified in New York and Boozer being heavily pressed to stay in Utah, if Bosh were to team up with LeBron in Chicago, Cleveland, or New Jersey, that leaves Wade alone on a Miami team with only two guys (Chalmers and Beasley) on the payroll for next season. If all the elite PFs are gone, the help Wade has more or less demanded from Pat Riley, maybe he's more likely to push that S&T to Dallas. It's hard to say if Miami would want more slashing and burning (Damp's contract, Roddy B, picks, and cash) or if they'd prefer talent (Caron Butler, Roddy B, picks, and cash), but if it's the former, we could be looking at a Kidd-Wade-Butler-Dirk-Haywood starting five. Wow.

I should mention that losing Roddy B would be really disappointing, but you only get so many chances to land a top five talent. You gotta pull the trigger on that.

capt.edd8e62deff1482aad3b2f17aef46bdc-edd8e62deff1482aad3b2f17aef46bdc-0.jpg

donnie walsh, genius.

i love how espn is still mocking this move. i mock their entire organization.

the knicks have taken one of the big chips off the table. the only reason why any logical person would say bosh is a better signing than amar'e stoudamire is because of the knee surgery, which is going on 4 years ago now. stoudamire is a better player than bosh, no question about it.

now we're left with the following situations for lebron and wade... they both want that big to play with, but there's only one big left on the open market, especially if this boozer back to utah talk holds true.

lebron and wade can either play together in miami and have nobody else around them.

the bulls do NOT have dual max cap space, contrary to popular belief. they would require one of the two guys to take less than max, at least in the first year of the contract. if one of those two guys is bosh? makes the scenario more likely. one of wade or lebron taking a pay cut? unlikely. the bulls would have to trade away more salary to fit two max's under their cap.

the heat can fit two max players... but again... if one of these players wants to go with a big, they have to take bosh with them to miami. or lebron and wade could both take a pay cut to go, and then they could sign a lee or a boozer... but it would have to be a significant pay cut.

the knicks now have one of the best bigs in the league, they have room to add another max salary this year, and they have flexibility to potentialy add another max next season, or make a trade for a max or close to max player, thanks to fat eddy curry's expiring 12.6 million dollar deal. when curry's deal expires, they'd just have to clear 2.5 to 3 million more dollars to add another max.

there were two elite big's out there and two elite wings. both wings want to play with one of the bigs. the knicks now have one of the bigs. which means unless you believe that wade and lebron are willing to take pay cuts, one of the two either has to come to new york, or is going somewhere without the big to come with.

stoudamire is a better player than bosh, no question about it.

I don't know. I understand you're excited, and rightfully so, that's a very good signing for you guys. But I don't think you can say Amar'e is better than Bosh "no question about it." I'm not going to pretend like I've watched a ton of Raptors games over the last few years, but just one quick look at both of their stats and the choice of who is the superior player isn't as clear as you make it seem. At least I don't think it is.

And re: Bulls cap space, I have a feeling that Paxson is trying everything he can to trade away Luol's Dong so that we can have room for the two max contracts.

The big story this morning seems to be that World Wide Wes and Lebron aren't seeing "eye to eye" and that there's been a "rift" between them. Wes wants Lebron in Chicago. I don't really even know what any of that shit means, or how anybody would come to find that sort of information, but there you go.

the TWITTER!

This whole LeBron saga is making me even more appreciative of being able to follow a humble dude like Dirk. It's going to look pretty stupid when he says he's going back to The Cleve.

Oh definitely. He just wanted to watch everyone sing his praises in unison so as to have the attention after he bitched himself out of the playoffs.

When Kobe got pissed at the Lakers organization and threatened to leave, at least he didn't make a fucking circus out of it.

I don't know. I understand you're excited, and rightfully so, that's a very good signing for you guys. But I don't think you can say Amar'e is better than Bosh "no question about it." I'm not going to pretend like I've watched a ton of Raptors games over the last few years, but just one quick look at both of their stats and the choice of who is the superior player isn't as clear as you make it seem. At least I don't think it is.

And re: Bulls cap space, I have a feeling that Paxson is trying everything he can to trade away Luol's Dong so that we can have room for the two max contracts.

The big story this morning seems to be that World Wide Wes and Lebron aren't seeing "eye to eye" and that there's been a "rift" between them. Wes wants Lebron in Chicago. I don't really even know what any of that shit means, or how anybody would come to find that sort of information, but there you go.

the TWITTER!

ok... i've seen bosh and amar'e play a ton. amar'e is a better player than chris bosh. always has been. the red flag on amar'e are the injuries, and yes, the knee does worry me. but chris bosh has never excited me in any way, shape or form. he's just kinda thrown himself into this mix as if he's some kind of elite nba player. is that way his raptor teams have underachieved every year? because bosh is soooo good?

i honest to god believe that amar'e is a much better player than bosh. if the knicks had signed bosh and you presented me the argument i'd probably try to spin it as if "bosh is the better choice because you ahve to worry about amar'e's knee," but i'd still admit that amar'e is better. he is, no doubt in my mind.

here is the difference... amar'e can dominate a game. bosh can not.

as for the news of the day... chris brousard is reporting that lebron will make his announcement on ESPN tomorrow night.

so let me get this straight... ESPN is reporting that an ESPN employee has learned about an ESPN show and ESPN has no comment.

eh hem...

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

ESPN has become an absolute joke of an organization. they are not interested in accurate news reporting any longer... they're simply in it for the ratings. all the bullshit that chris brousard has thrown out there now makes total, complete sense. the announcement it's self is going to be on ESPN.

Yeah, this isn't looking good for the Bulls at the moment. We could end up with the proverbial egg on the face if the biggest prize we land here is Boozer, who was like our 6th choice.

Still, you add Boozer and the much needed shooter (let's throw a fucking big ass max deal at Ray Allen) to the team and we're legit contenders out of the East. The other shooter options are Korver and Redick? I've always liked JJ, but yeah. Let's get the future Hall of Famer.

Ahhhhh, Lebron. You sly bastard. Do something for me. I still love you.

Let's throw big deals at David Lee and JJ Redick. Two white guys. Let's become an early 2000s McDonald's All-American team.

Keep your midwestern mitts off of Ray Ray.

I don't know, I wonder what his relationship was like with Thibodeau? If he wants to maybe follow him and be on the ground floor with him his first year as a head coach...who knows. Ray would fit like a fucking glove on the Bulls. He is literally exactly what we need.

And here I am again getting my expectations up.

"Anticipation has the habit to set you up for disappointment in evening entertainment but, tonight there'll be some love."

"Our love was like the water that splashes on a stone. Our love is like our music. It's here, and then it's gone. So take me to the airport. And put me on a plane. I got no expectations, to pass through here again."

Wholeheartedly agree with Headache's assessment of Amare being better than Bosh. I don't know in what universe Bosh is considered a "superstar," but he's certainly done very little to be considered the third biggest prize in the free agency sweepstakes. And does it not seem like he's conceding that fact by following a better player to said player's stomping grounds? Having watched Amare about as much as any non-Maverick in the league the past handful of years, I can safely say he's the better player. He's an absolute force.

re: Miami getting Wade and Bosh today. They've still got an entire roster to fill since they've only got FOUR guys for next season. Pretty good odds they'll end up still sucking.

And finally, in humble superstar news, KD agrees to a five years $86 mil extension with OKC. Good for him. In a few years when he eclipses LeBron as the league's premier player, it'll be fun to look back on today and tomorrow to see the dichotomy between the two.

Contenders for what, the conference semifinals?

Easy, that's somewhere Chris Bosh has never been. Put spoiler tags around it.

First off, cograts, Headache, on the Amar'e signing. He seems to have been your man all along.

Concerning Bosh, I think that he did such a shameless job of marketing himself as a superstar that everyone started to believe it: the "wish list," the Twitter messages, the "I want to help Toronto in a sign-and-trade but only on my absolute terms" bollox, the constant flirting with LeBron and Wade, etc, etc, etc. His sense of personal grandeur has been so pronounced that most couldn't help but accept the bravado.

Concerning LeBron, I have thought that he would re-sign with the Cavs until the announcement about the ESPN special. Someone at ESPN must know for sure that LeBron is leaving - otherwise, what would they possibly have to gain from airing such a special? Every single ostensible analyst on that station has been insisting that LeBron will bolt from Cleveland for at least a year now, and the station could not possibly take the risk of having him announce that he is in fact staying in Cleveland. Not a single person who does not have direct ties to Northeast Ohio wants to see LeBron stay with the Cavs. ESPN knows this and would not possibly give LeBron a forum for supporting Cleveland.

Finally, I'm really surprised that David Lee is not getting more attention. He could be of substantial to help a lot of teams right now, Cavs included.

In a move that reeks of Bosh panic, Carlos Boozer is a Bull. Five years, 80 mil.

Concerning LeBron, I have thought that he would re-sign with the Cavs until the announcement about the ESPN special. Someone at ESPN must know for sure that LeBron is leaving - otherwise, what would they possibly have to gain from airing such a special? Every single ostensible analyst on that station has been insisting that LeBron will bolt from Cleveland for at least a year now, and the station could not possibly take the risk of having him announce that he is in fact staying in Cleveland. Not a single person who does not have direct ties to Northeast Ohio wants to see LeBron stay with the Cavs. ESPN knows this and would not possibly give LeBron a forum for supporting Cleveland.
They don't care at all what LeBron does. They're going to get ratings regardless of his decision. They've got no credibility to protect at this point, so they can just stir up some other made up shit once LeBron decides (Vikings training camp starts soon...).

You know what'd make me happy? Exiling Carter and his expiring deal to David KAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN's T'Wolves for Kevin Love and/or Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer and some $$$. Totally conjecture by yours truly, seeing as though Half Man, Half Asleep needs to leave as soon as possible and Minny's doing their best to sign David Lee. Either Love or Jefferson would be a fantastic 4 to have next to a guy like Dwight, though it would force Van Gundy to shift around his scheme's a bit. Whatever. They're not going to win a championship, let alone get back to the Finals, if they lack the size to contend with Boston or L.A.

Speaking of Stan Van Jeremy, good on him for calling Bosh Wade's "lapdog." The Van Gundy Bros. are like the Mario Bros., only more bitter.

I'd rather have Stephen A. as the Magic color analyst for a year than to see Wince Carter trudge his way through another season again.

EDIT - Only Jefferson/Brewer would work under the salary cap. Oh well.

I'll learn to love him (hell, the name has always worked for me, just not the game so much). And he's the best post scorer we've had in my lifetime and certainly improves the team.

Now all we need is someone who can play the 2 guard, and we're rollin'. I'm talking Ray muhfuckin Allen. Again, complete speculation on my part. I haven't even heard any whispers of that or anything. But, still:

Derrick + Joakim + Boozer + Shuttlesworth = YES!

They don't care at all what LeBron does. They're going to get ratings regardless of his decision. They've got no credibility to protect at this point, so they can just stir up some other made up shit once LeBron decides (Vikings training camp starts soon...).

This.

I'll learn to love him (hell, the name has always worked for me, just not the game so much). And he's the best post scorer we've had in my lifetime and certainly improves the team.

Now all we need is someone who can play the 2 guard, and we're rollin'. I'm talking Ray muhfuckin Allen. Again, complete speculation on my part. I haven't even heard any whispers of that or anything. But, still:

Derrick + Joakim + Boozer + Shuttlesworth = YES!

Ray Allen gets 2-year deal to return to Boston Celtics - ESPN

GAF :(

In a move that reeks of Bosh panic, Carlos Boozer is a Bull. Five years, 80 mil.

And this.

First off, cograts, Headache, on the Amar'e signing. He seems to have been your man all along.

This too.

Also, I'm a pretty big Lebron defender/apologizer but this one-hour look at me special makes me sick.

Well, yeah, that was just wishful thinking. As Burgess Meredith said in one of the Grumpy Old Men movies: "You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other. See which gets filled first."

So we needs a shooting guard. Desperately. Of the people out there right now, I want Redick. I think he'll likely stay in Orlando, because they can match whatever offer, etc. But I think we can offer him more playing time. So who knows. Fuck.

Also, this:

p1_boozer.lebron_getty.jpg

LOOK OUT!

Sooooooo, speaking of anticlimactic, it looks like a bunch of different sources are reporting that Lebron to Miami is basically a done deal. Jesus fucking Christ on toast. I'm not completely against this whole one hour Lebron decision special as so many people seem to be, it's not that big of a deal to me, but how are you gonna let the news leak out before hand? I feel like if you're Lebron, and you're having this big ESPN special...keep that shit under wraps. It can't be that hard to keep a lid on it for like 12 hours can it?

Or maybe this Miami news is premature.

It could be, but it definitely makes sense. When I first heard a week ago those reports about Bosh, Wade, and James all joining up in Miami it clicked. It made sense. They figured it out. They realized that this is a literally once in a lifetime thing, having this much talent all out there, and the best thing for them to do is to ALL land somewhere together. Why split it up and fight against each other for a decade? Just join up. They fucking figured it out, dammit.

The power in the NBA is now in god damned South Beach. Gag me with a ballpoint pen.

EDIT: I hope I'm wrong. I really, really hope I'm wrong. But I think that teams wins many titles. And soon. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom