2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like what I saw out of rose today. He dominated the ball way too much. Chicago's offense looked terrible.

You never want to give Derrick his props. I still remember you in 2008 saying the Bulls should take Beasley over Rose.

He's the reason we won today. Yeah, the Bulls played poorly for most of the game, way beneath their normal ability, and their defense was uncharacteristically ineffective, but Derrick took over at the end and got us the win. That's #1 guys do. As for him dominating the ball too much, if Kobe or LeBron or Wade scored 39 and won the game for their team, no one would say they dominated the ball too much, they would just say those players stepped up offensively when their team wasn't producing enough offensively. That's what Rose did. He's not going to score 39 every night, he won't need to, 24-30 is a more regular number for him.

namkcuR said:
You never want to give Derrick his props. I still remember you in 2008 saying the Bulls should take Beasley over Rose.

He's the reason we won today. Yeah, the Bulls played poorly for most of the game, way beneath their normal ability, and their defense was uncharacteristically ineffective, but Derrick took over at the end and got us the win. That's #1 guys do. As for him dominating the ball too much, if Kobe or LeBron or Wade scored 39 and won the game for their team, no one would say they dominated the ball too much, they would just say those players stepped up offensively when their team wasn't producing enough offensively. That's what Rose did. He's not going to score 39 every night, he won't need to, 24-30 is a more regular number for him.

Bull fucking shit.

I've given rose and the bulls a ton of credit this season. I picked them to win the East before the season for fucks sake, and have been nothing but glowing in my praise of them of late. Go back, look it up.

Yes, I thought the bulls should have taken Beasley because they lacked a 4 and had a ton of guards. I was wrong, but Beasley has turned out just fine after getting away from Wade, and the bulls didn't get real good till they signed boozer... a real, true 4 man.

And double bullshit, I kill Wade and LeBron all the damn time for dominating the ball too much. Have for years. You know this full well.

I just don't like how he played today. I LOVE how he's played for most of this season. He's perfectly balanced being the best player on the team and being the point guard, thus getting everyone involved, all year.

For the early portion if the game today he looked as if he was trying to do it all himself, which is what he used to do all the time. They can't advance in this tournament with him doing it all. This is the 8 seed they're playing, not the Celtics, spurs or Lakers. Those teams will eat individual play alive.

Don't give me that "no credit" bullshit. That's a load of utter crap.

Bull fucking shit.

I've given rose and the bulls a ton of credit this season. I picked them to win the East before the season for fucks sake, and have been nothing but glowing in my praise of them of late. Go back, look it up.

Yes, I thought the bulls should have taken Beasley because they lacked a 4 and had a ton of guards. I was wrong, but Beasley has turned out just fine after getting away from Wade, and the bulls didn't get real good till they signed boozer... a real, true 4 man.

And double bullshit, I kill Wade and LeBron all the damn time for dominating the ball too much. Have for years. You know this full well.

I just don't like how he played today. I LOVE how he's played for most of this season. He's perfectly balanced being the best player on the team and being the point guard, thus getting everyone involved, all year.

For the early portion if the game today he looked as if he was trying to do it all himself, which is what he used to do all the time. They can't advance in this tournament with him doing it all. This is the 8 seed they're playing, not the Celtics, spurs or Lakers. Those teams will eat individual play alive.

Don't give me that "no credit" bullshit. That's a load of utter crap.

You know, it was a bad post on my part. I started by responding to you, but I ended up writing a more general response to anyone who's said that Derrick shoots the ball too much - and there have been a good number of them(not here). I feel like there are a lot of people that give point guards less leeway than any other position before saying they are shooting too much - not you, just other people. There have been games this year where Derrick would score less than he did today - maybe 30 or so - and some people would say he shot too much when most people - I know you've always called LeBron and Wade out - would never say those guys shoot too much if they scored 30. I was mainly going off on what I feel is a double standard for point guards and how much they should shoot during a game. I saw a complaint that other people have made and I directed my response at you when I shouldn't have, and the result was not a great post, so I apologize for that.

The one thing I will say in response to you, though, is that I feel like Derrick dominated the ball today because the rest of the offense looked terrible, rather than the other way around. His team wasn't doing anything for most of the game, it was one of the worst games they've played in a while. They don't usually play that bad, I don't have to tell you that. And if they do continue playing like that, and Derrick has to shoot as much as he today every game, you're right, they won't get far. Luckily I don't think that will be the case. This last paragraph is what I should have said originally instead of the rest.

One last thing - I never said you didn't give the Bulls as a team credit, just Rose, and clearly I was wrong about that.

namkcuR said:
You know, it was a bad post on my part. I started by responding to you, but I ended up writing a more general response to anyone who's said that Derrick shoots the ball too much - and there have been a good number of them(not here). I feel like there are a lot of people that give point guards less leeway than any other position before saying they are shooting too much - not you, just other people. There have been games this year where Derrick would score less than he did today - maybe 30 or so - and some people would say he shot too much when most people - I know you've always called LeBron and Wade out - would never say those guys shoot too much if they scored 30. I was mainly going off on what I feel is a double standard for point guards and how much they should shoot during a game. I saw a complaint that other people have made and I directed my response at you when I shouldn't have, and the result was not a great post, so I apologize for that.

The one thing I will say in response to you, though, is that I feel like Derrick dominated the ball today because the rest of the offense looked terrible, rather than the other way around. His team wasn't doing anything for most of the game, it was one of the worst games they've played in a while. They don't usually play that bad, I don't have to tell you that. And if they do continue playing like that, and Derrick has to shoot as much as he today every game, you're right, they won't get far. Luckily I don't think that will be the case. This last paragraph is what I should have said originally instead of the rest.

One last thing - I never said you didn't give the Bulls as a team credit, just Rose, and clearly I was wrong about that.

Fair enough. :hi5:

That the heat are happy they're about to squeek out a close victory over the 76ers makes me smile

Two things about the Sixers today:

1. They may not have Miami's talent, but there's a little thing called heart and they had it today in spades.

2. Despite #1, they choked in the last two minutes. Young missed two FTs, Brand missed a relatively close shot, they let Wade get to the line, etc.

On pace for first 60pt game since Jordan? Real MVP beasting it up right now. Fun to see all the home teams have to claw their way back in these games. I wonder if Portland will give the Mavs a scare too.

The Sixers play hard, the Heat ... not as much, anyway.

The Heat have more talent. That's about all you can say positive about them.

The effort put into the game was clearly lopsided towards the Sixers.

I don't like the mindset of playing down to your opponent, if that's what they're doing.

Thankfully though it's not single match elimination, or the Heat would indeed be screwed.

Looks like I jinxed him lol. Magic looking awful.

I don't know what was worse, their lack of defensive focus or no one aside from Howard or Nelson cracking double figures. They couldn't get a stop until halfway through the 4th quarter.

And that's the sound of a ton of people suddenly remembering that Chris Paul is a great basketball player.

That was awesome to watch. The play where Kobe got stolen from, then recovered it and fell out of bounds was particularly great.

CP3 has to be one of the most entertaining players to watch. He single-handedly destroyed the Lakers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom