2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to take a break from Faggotgate Jr. to watch some hoops here in a bit. Anyone care to join me?

And what I'm far more shocked at is that it came from Noah, you'd think he would be less likely than a heterosexual player to use the term, or is this a similar case to it being OK for African Americans to call each other n****r but not caucasians.

This. The guy's always expended a lot of energy into portraying himself as more cultured/enlightened than the 'average' NBA player (snarky implication about Noah's personal preferences aside).

No, it calls for the same penalty. The word is the word. Why should some drunk asshole in the stands be treated differently than a guy on the court doing his job? Both were from the bench, both could be heard from the stands (if your concern is fans hearing him say it).

This has nothing to do with bias. I certainly think much less of Noah today than I did before this.

Right, but my point is that because this was such a recent controversy, the league would be even more angry that he did the same thing so soon after Kobe's incident.

maybe the fan called Noah a faggot too, who knows.

i find it hard to believe though that when a professional athlete, in the heat of the moment in a huge game, really means anything derogatory etc by yelling out "faggot". just venting frustration and it's a bad choice of words, but does anyone really think he's making a statement on homosexuality or that he's a homophobe? if he'd said asshole would anything have been written?

My previous comments show I'm with you, Cobbler. ****** versus faggot? No contest. ****** can only mean one thing. Noah and Kobe obviously weren't accusing anyone of chugging cock.

I know. I'm struggling to get my point across properly. I hope someone knows what I mean :lol:

The point is the word was once accepted and people can't let it go. But they need to. It is the same thing as saying '******'. It has hate directed towards a group of people based upon who they are and nothing more.

Noah doesn't have to have any genuine hatred packing the word when he says it. Heat of the moment, in a game, whatever. Choose a different word.

And btw, being an asshole/shitface/douchebag/whatever is an acquired title based upon how you act. Being gay or being black is something that you are.

I'm so sick of the Blake Griffin dunking over the car in slow motion commercial.

And do any of you agree with me that that particular dunk isn't even all that impressive? Don't get me wrong, the guy's an incredible athlete and a scary dunker, but that one doesn't really even do it for me.

I'm so sick of the Blake Griffin dunking over the car in slow motion commercial.

And do any of you agree with me that that particular dunk isn't even all that impressive? Don't get me wrong, the guy's an incredible athlete and a scary dunker, but that one doesn't really even do it for me.

Yes, yes, yes!

I can't stand that commercial. He jumped over a prop... just because it was a car doesn't make it any more impressive than when he jumps that far otherwise. Plus, he jumped over the hood. It's not like he actually 'jumped over a car'.

He is incredibly talented, but there's nothing special about that dunk as opposed to his other dunks.

That was some comeback. Love to see Dirk possibly winning this series but hate to see Durant lose.....so much more entertaining thus far than Bulls/Heat, with apologies to GAF and Philbert.

And even though it amounted to nothing, Kidd calling a timeout at the end of regulation was impressive, at least to me. No panic, completely had his wits about him.

Damn, that needs another gif

2mfdvsg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom