2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it comes down to another marquee player coming to Orlando or Dwight leaving town. Fun times.

Must you be so smug? To answer your question...I wouldn't say I'm "super confident", but I certainly believe Boston, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Chicago, and maybe Miami are all capable of beating LA. I don't think the Lakers are anything approaching invincible or unbeatable. They won't be easy by any means, but they're very beatable.

Also, hooray for the Hawks eliminating the Magic.

It's a part of who he is.

He must.

I must, I must!

I don't remember calling them unbeatable or invincible. They're just looking very good right now, and when a team is coming off back-to-back championships it makes them rather formidable. I don't think Boston has a superior team to last year's. Chicago's lack of experience is going to come in to play if they manage to reach the finals for the first time. Miami is either going to deliver on the hype or not, but I'm not convinced they can beat everyone in their path.

The Mavericks? Come on.

Sorry, bro. Phone posting. Appreciate it anyway. You could guess I was pulling for the Sixers.

Chris_Martin.jpg

Anyone feeling super confident about facing the Lakers now?

'cause they beat an awful hornets team in 6 games?

i think LA will win the west because they're the best team, for now, in a quickly becoming overrated western conference... certainly not because they struggled to defeat a fairly piss poor team.

i'm thinking more and more that the boston/miami winner will ultimately raise a banner next fall. i still like chicago a lot but their inexperience is showing. i'm not sure if oklahoma city is ready yet, and dallas is a choke waiting to happen.

Boston has got to be favorite in the East. They are the only team who seemed at all prepared for the post-season. Chicago and Miami both seemed as though they were surprised to be there.

Boston has got to be favorite in the East. They are the only team who seemed at all prepared for the post-season. Chicago and Miami both seemed as though they were surprised to be there.

I don't think you can question Chicago's preparedness, with Thibodeau's reputation for being an insanely prepared coach. Apparently the guy's playbooks are thicker than anybody's and his matchup analyses and film sessions are as rigorous and intense as any coach.

There's definitely a question as to whether or not they can get it done on the court, but as for their preparedness? Nah. Thibs has the boys ready to play.

Derrick's spectacular rise to elite superstardom was reason #1 why the Bulls are where they are, but the mentality that Thibodeau brought to the team and the organization is really reason #1A. And I don't know if he's gotten enough credit for it. Yet.

As a side note, the guy is one of the few (maybe the only?) unmarried head coaches in the NBA, and apparently he has no life outside of coaching and just fucking eats and sleeps basketball. Pardon the cliche.

Also, I hope Memphis buries San Antonio tonight.

I meant that the players - Rose excepted - seemed unprepared for the intensity of the atmosphere, as though they expected Indiana simply to lay down for them. I don't question Thibodeau. I perhaps should have phrased that initial post differently.

'cause they beat an awful hornets team in 6 games?

i think LA will win the west because they're the best team, for now, in a quickly becoming overrated western conference... certainly not because they struggled to defeat a fairly piss poor team.

Struggled? Or followed the typical Lakers pattern of not seeming overly-motivated early in the playoffs?

For someone who seems to know a lot about basketball you sure have a short (or selective) memory.

Either way, beating a David West-less Hornets team should not strike fear into opponents hearts.
That being said, I don't think Dallas stands a chance this round, sorry Impy.

There's a difference between simply beating an inferior, undermanned team and having all your major players contributing their own skill sets, combined with energy and moderate success from the bench.

It's not that the Lakers should be feared because of who they beat, but that they are two-time defending champs who appear to be firing on all cylinders. Not exactly a crazy statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom